Chapter 15

I'm barely on the sofa 10 minutes when Jace storms in. "Grace, I'm sorry, I was just so worried about you when I saw your car. I've asked someone to come look at it tomorrow." Typical Jace, trying to help beyond what he should. "Thanks." I mutter. I feel Jace come sit next to my waist where I'm led. "I don't know what I'd have done if you'd been hurt." "Nothing. You'd have been fine. Let's not pretend we have been together all this time because we haven't." "Grace stop talking to me like this, I know you want me back, the same way I want you. You'd have told me to find a hotel if you didn't." This is true. I'd thought about it a few times, there are thousands of hotels in this city, he can afford everyone of them so I could have told him to leave. I didn't though, maybe that tells me more about myself than I'd care to admit. "I'm going to call lorenzo and tell him we won't be in this week. I'm going to take you far away. Somewhere nice." I shake my head "I'm signed off for injury Jace, you aren't dragging me around the continent I just want to rest." "Fine, have it your way, but I'm going to be here the entire time." I roll my eyes. He can be too much sometimes.

"I'm going to lie in bed." I go to stand and he grabs my hand "no you're not, you are going to sit here and talk to me about what's going on in that pretty little head of yours." He runs his hand gently down my face, I wince as it brushes my bruise. Jace leans in and whispers into my ear "I would love to meet the man who did this to my girl, I'll show him he can't mess with the things that are mine." I gulp. This is just like old Jace, I loved it when he was protective, he'd put his fair share of people in hospital and likewise ended up there a fair few times himself. "I'm not your girl." I say weaker than intended and he picks up on my tone. "You're not? Then why when I do this..." he kisses my neck from my ear down to my collar bone with his lips, they're soft but unforgiving, he sucks my skin just above my right breast. My pulse is rising and my body is ridged. He knows me. He knows me so well. "You're body wants me Grace, regardless of if you do." His hand reaches to where my jeans unbutton and slides his hand in between my jeans and panties, he grabs and holds my flower between his hands. He's teasing me. "You're so wet. Here I was thinking we were arguing." He smirks, his grey eyes are on fire, his perfect teeth biting his lip. "Fuck" I barely mutter before his lips collide with mine, his tongue pushes its way into my mouth, they dance like they know each others steps perfectly, Jace pushes my panties out the way, he's still in my jeans, hes playing with my clit, just teasing me, he pinches and swirls his fingers on me. "You make me so mad Grace, mad for you, and mad at you" he kisses me gently, pinching my nipple with his free hand. He then pulls out of my pants and removes himself from my breast. " not like this, I will have you, but not like this." His smirk. "You can be such a jerk." I huff and go to the bathroom, I run a bath and return to the kitchen to grab a glass of wine and return to the bathroom and sink into the bath.

I came to the bath in the bath it would shut my mind off a bit. However, it's having the complete opposite effect and I can't stop thinking about Jace. When he touches me, it's like electricity flowing though my veins, his smell is exquisite and his smile so perfect. But beneath all this is a alcoholic rich kid just begging to be freed. Is it worth the risk? Should it allow him back into my life in the same capacity as before? I was broken for so long after everything. I had nothing either, he'd pulled me from my friends and family so when my entire world came tumbling down I was left to pick the pieces up on my own. I love him though, he knows me so well. Our toxic relationship wasn't always that way was it? We had friends, we went out at the start. Something changed when we got our own place, it's like he was trying to burst out the cage he was trapped in. A knock at the bathroom door startles me out of my head.
"Come in" Jace walks in with his arms down his side, he runs his hands through his hair and sits on the stool next to me.
"I'm sorry for being a dick. I was mad you'd been with another man, moreover that he hurt you like that." "He didn't hurt me deliberately and he was doing me a favour by driving me home, you didn't have to go all vindictive on me." I crave his touch, he brought me to the high he always use to but quickly let me down. Nothing new there. "Sorry" he mumbles, im not convinced he even means it. "Can I join you?" His eye brow is raised and he's smirking. No he can not join me, is he sure? "Yeah okay then." Clearly my head and body are not connecting today. He removes his clothes and stands by the bath leaning down, he puts his finger under my chin and pulls me up to a kiss. A light kiss, it's apologetic but needy. I kiss him back. This isn't going there tonight. He steps back and climbs into the tub behind me, he sends a wave of water over the bath tub and it splashes on the floor. He pulls me back to lie on his naked body, his abs are tighter than previously, his arms are also bigger. You can tell he really worked on himself during our time apart.
"Do you think you'll ever forgive me?" His voice cracks at the end, I turn to face him surveying his face for his emotion. It's dark, his eyes hold no light like he has no hope. I'd assumed that he didn't miss me, he never chased so why would I assume different? "I think, everyone deserves redemption, but I had no idea you even wanted it until the other night." "I knew I was bad for you, I wanted to be the person you needed before I came back." "I'll forgive you, but I won't sit around being the girl on the side that you use when you're bored of drinking. I also won't have you shouting and throwing liquor in my face." "I'm not that person now grace. You'll see that. I'm the person you wanted all along." And for some reason, those words disappointing.