Chapter 16

The next morning I wake to find Jace led next to me staring at me. "Good Morning Baby, sleep well?" "Mmhmm" I reply, it's too early for conversing so I roll back over and look out the glass window at the city beneath. Jace wraps his arm around me "and where do you think your going?"
"No where, just looking outside"
"I need to work today, there's only so many perks I can get, but I'll work from home until I know you're ok."
"Jace I'm fine, it was literally a mild concussion."
He moves off the bed and walks around in front of me, all he has on is his moschino boxers, I always hated them, they're very obnoxious. His toned tall body towers above me his abs clear as day.
"I'm jumping in the shower, want to join me?" He smirks which quickly falls into a wide grin, showing his absolutely perfect white teeth they could light up a room without trying.
"Absolutely not, go shower you ass."
I roll over to the other side of the bed and climb out, I grab his shirt from yesterday, it's big on me, it falls to my mid thigh. I roll the sleeves up and hear him turn the shower on and shut the door. I pad into the kitchen and make coffee for myself and scroll through Uber eats on my phone, nothing takes my fancy so I decide I'll go out once I'm dressed. I flick on the TV to Gossip Girl, an absolute comfort show, but I need some comfort right now. Just as I finish my coffee and set it on the table Jace stalks out in a pair of ripped black skinny jeans and a black button up shirt. I raise an eyebrow at this odd attire.
"I'm working from home, I can hardly do calls in a t-shirt, or worse naked." He winks. He totally could, but he knows I love this outfit.
"I'm going to order breakfast, do you want anything?"
I shake my head "No I'm going to go out for breakfast, I have some errands to run, since moving I haven't sorted any healthcare stuff out."
"I'm not sure sick days are suppose to be personal admin days Grace, but as your boss and your partner, I'll allow it." He smirks
"My partner now?" I tease. He walks over to me and grabs my wrist, pulling me to the kitchen island he lifts me up and splits my legs standing in between them.
"I'm your partner now, your boss at work." He leans into my ear, kissing my jaw as he goes. "Your husband next, and maybe even your baby daddy." He pulls back to see how I take this. To his dissatisfaction I roll my eyes and smirk.
"You're so sure of yourself, who knows maybe I'll run off with my Gym coach...or the university Chancellor." I grin, I'm teasing him but his muscles have gone tense, I know I've got to him. His hand comes up to my chin and he lifts it look at me.
"Don't mistake my play for desperation, you will be my wife, and one day I will fill you with my child, don't fuck with me grace or I'll take it without asking and you know I will."
I roll my eyes at him and smirk. I love this side of him, as fucked as that may be when he's controlling and powerful I love it, he'd never actually do it.
"I love you." It slips out, what did I just say, why does this keep happening. His eyes glow like I've lit the fire inside of him.
"I love you, Grace, you have no idea of the future I have planned."
He rests a gentle kiss on my lips.
"What healthcare stuff do you need to sort anyway I thought work would have done that all?"
I smile and jump off the island gathering some belongings.
" no they've like said they'll pay for any thing I just haven't actually signed up for any doctors or dentists and I super need my eyes checked too, probably also need to get on the pill or something, well I basically need a full MOT it's been so long." I flush at embarrassment at my lack of self care, I can see Jace is bothered by this.
"Grace what are you talking about? You use to take such good care of yourself, you literally obsessed with seeing your bloody Hygienist every month in Chicago. I didn't even know you hadn't restarted contraception, have you even had your bloods done since coming here? Also you definitely don't need glasses your eyesight is fine." I roll my eyes at his bombardment, I'm also kind of hurt. I had my life together in Chicago, I was literally so together. But we I left, and he left and everything fell apart I stopped. As far as a normal person goes though I'm still way ahead of healthcare than most so he can get off my back.
"When.. when everything happened I fell apart. I became a shell Jace, I didn't care about anything at all. So no I haven't done those things, but I'm going to do them now. Besides normal boyfriend's don't care about this stuff so you shouldn't either." He's kind of right though, I use to get bloods taken every 3 months to keep an eye on my Iron levels as occasionally it dropped off and I became anemic, but I feel fine, I'll just mention it later. " Grace I'm sorry, I just care that's all. Well then, today that's all the things you can look forward to. If that's a thing?" I smile, I use to take a perverse amount of joy from being on top of my body 100% so I'll be happy to return to that, I just nod and smile.
"Take the Aston today. I can just get an Uber."
"Are you sure?! What if you can't get an Uber?"
"Then I won't go wherever I'm going." He smiles like it was an obvious answer.
"When are your other cars getting here?" I loved some of his other cars, from the Matte black mustang to his old Black Ford Capri, that he literally went out and bought just because I loved it in the after movies.
"Soon hopefully, but we might need to finder a bigger garage for them all. Now go get ready and to your day."
I nod and smile walking into the bathroom, I start showering. How has this settled in so easily? Why do I love him so much.