Chapter 24

We walk into the Spa, which I quickly learn is a hotel. The receptionist greets Jace like she knows him. "Good afternoon Mr Atlas, your usual suite is ready." "Thanks Janice." He replies and grabs his key from her.
I'm so confused. He takes my hand and pads upstairs. I hadn't noticed he's just wearing his basic black Nike joggers with a black v neck tshirt. We look like a right pair of delinquents. He presses the elevator on the second floor, which dings and he presses the 8th floor.
He leads me out the elevator and to a suite, he unlocks the door and leads me in. The room is dark because the key card hasn't been put in the light socket. Jace does this and I gasp.

My eyes well. It's beautiful, the room is filled with roses, red and white. On the bed is a bunch of peonies with a selection of black boxes with a silk bows one large white box next to them. I raise a brow at Jace and he smiles.
"I knew today wasn't going to be great for us, but I wanted to make it atleast try be." I nod absolutely speechless. I make my way into the room. It's a dark room, black decor and black walls, but it's met with an entire wall of glass with a balcony bigger than my entire apartment, it looks over a large forest of fern trees.
"I thought, maybe, we could stay here tonight?" He asks nervously. I nod and whisper "this is amazing." He grabs my waist and leads me to the bed. "I got you some things for while we are are here. You can take this one." He holds up the biggest box, it's huge; it's the only white one but with a red silk tie. "As you please, it can be for any occasion you wish." I raise my brow, I don't even need to open it, he's diabolical. I know what's inside. It's a wedding dress, or more, a white dress that can be seen as a wedding dress. "Jace, I didn't mean now." He smiles. " I know, but just incase." I'm curious to open the box but I put it on the side. I open the rest of the boxes and they are all beautiful clothes, under wear and all casual and formal. I assume these all suit the hotel we are at. "Thank you" I whisper barely audible. He passes me one last box. It's a narrow one. "This is a thank you, for giving me a second chance, and for the life we are going to build together." I slide the ribbon off it and open the box. It's a beautiful tennis bracelet. It weighs a ton but is so dainty at the same time. Tears well in my eyes "what's wrong baby?" "It's perfect. It's all perfect. I just...can't believe this is my life." He laughs. "It won't always be like this, but I figured you deserve it after the rollercoaster week you've had." "Can we go to the spa?" He smiles and nods. "Can I do one thing first?" He asks I nod and wait in anticipation. He puts the bracelet on my wrist. Kisses my hand and lies me back on the bed. "Grace, I really want you to think about marrying me, tonight." I gulp. "I have everything arranged, I tried really hard to get your parents here. I called and called. I even sent someone but no one answered the door. The house looked empty to be honest Grace" he laughs. I wince at him trying to contact my parents. That's a conversation for a different day though. "What if I don't like the dress? Or it doesn't fit?" He smirks "you will, and it does." "But Jace, I don't want to rush things, I don't want this to be a temporary joy." He shakes his head. "It won't be, I have no alternative motive other than making you mine, CEO Jace Atlas's better half, the love of his life." He leans down and whispers in my ear and puts his hand on my stomach. "The mother of my unborn child." I choke, what is he even saying. "SHIT." I sit up. "We didn't take the morning after pill and we had sex TWICE JACE!!" He laughs his joke having the desired effect he walks over to the bag he brought with him from home. He digs through it and throws a small white box at me. "The morning after pill baby." I smile; it's a simple gesture but it's nice, it's not controlling. I set it on the side table and sink back into the bed. He walks over and raises a brow. "You're not going to take it?" " no I am, well I think I am, you really want this don't you?" He nods. "What about us though, just being us for a while?" "Baby what'll be will be, but if you want to take it, I'm completely fine with that, but the longer you leave it the less effective it'll be." I nod. "Have you got a water?" He trudges to the mini bar and pulls out a water and hands it to me. He watches me closely. I can see his eyes turning dark. He doesn't want me to take this pill. He got it for me despite not wanting me to use it. I break the seal on the tablet and bring the water to my mouth. Jace sits with his back to me he takes a deep breath. I'm about to slip the pill into my mouth when i stop. "I won't take it." He turns to me and smiles a weak smile. "There's no guarantee anything will come from it though." "I know baby, I just like the chance that it might?" I nod. I put the pill back in the box and then to him. "I'm not taking it right now, but I might change my mind, ok?" "I know Grace, let's go to the spa now?"

When we arrive at the spa it's empty with a sign saying closed for private function. Jace pulls my hand in his and walks past the sign. He takes me to a side room and puts his hands over my eyes. The room is pitch black from what I can tell. He leads me over to what feels like a window. He uncovers my eyes. The pool is covered in floating lilies with a platform in the centre. The room has twinkling stars on the ceiling and flowers lined around the pool. "I guess someone must be getting married today, do you think we can still use the spa facilities?" I ask Jace and he smirks. "Us" he replies and my jaw drops. It's beautiful, I pan around and the details suddenly become clear to me. All my favourite flowers, stars, water glistening. It's literally my perfect wedding. "Jace, it's beautiful." "I know, just like you...now let's go for a swim." I glare at him "you're going to swim in there and ruin the beauty of it?" He shakes his head and smiles "no we are." He pulls me out the room and down the corridor to the pool. He slips into the water and swims over to a small collection of floating lilies. I climb down behind him and swim over. "So, what do you think?" He enquires. " I think it's beautiful but I still haven't said I'll marry you tonight." He smirks and pulls me in closer. "I think you will baby."