Chapter 32

Jace pulls me behind his body. "Jace" I whisper, looking at the pool of blood underneath us. Is it me or him, I look around frantically for a wound. Then I find it. It's on my side. I panic and spin around I lift Jaces top, he has an identical wound. "Jace we are shot, we both are." He nods he knows, he already knew.

"Let her go to the hospital Charles." Jace says evenly. "I don't think I will Jace, it'll be satisfying letting you watch your previous wifey die infront if you. While you too bleed out. Do you like the irony? Two lovers shot with the same bullet. One a flesh wound, one...not so much." He smirks at Jace. Jace whips round quickly he turns to me lifting my shirt eyeing my bullet wound. "Shit. I think they've hit your artery Grace." I shake my head. "No it's a flesh wound.. Jace?" I'm shaking. "It's a flesh wound isn't it Jace?" He grasps me in his arms. "Charles, please I'll do anything just let her go to a hospital." Jace begs.

While Jace begs one of Charles men approaches us. He's huge, easily the same size as Jace but a lot wider. I'm shaking "please...I need help...please." He rips me from Jaces arms. I scream and kick and fight all I can. "STOP Grace" Jace yells, his eyes are red he's desperate. "The more you fight the more you're going to bleed just stop please baby." I do as he says. The large man carries me away. I can hear Charles taunting him.  Charles cocks the gun and points it to Jaces head. What the fuck. No. No. I summon all the strength I have and bite the back of the man carrying me. I can taste blood so I know I've done well. He drops me in an instant. " You fucking Bitch." He says to my dribbles of blood on the side. I'm sprinting so hard. I pass one of the security guards Jace had on the floor unconscious, his gun in his hand. I pick it up, I'm not sure what I think I'm going to do with it. I run down the jetty to where Jace is and I hear it. BANG. I scream, the most blood curdling scream and I fall to the floor. I can't look in his direction, I won't see him lying their lifeless. I can't. These fuckers can take me. Kill me.

"I...I'm done fighting." I whisper. I lay in my puddle of blood, I hear a splash. I assume that can only be Jaces lifeless body falling into the water. I don't look. I'm sick though I look at my sick and it's blood. "Shit. I'm going to die." Charles minion is approaching me. He's smiling at me evilly. I turn back to see Jace one last time hoping his body is around. I see nothing. Not even blood where his body will be. No Charles. I sob scanning the water for him. Charles minion leans down to me. "You're damn right you're gonna die." He lifts my top up, searching for my bullet hole. He grins when he finds it. "What, what are you?" I try to shuffle away from him but more blood comes out my mouth. He raises his finger like he's going to poke me, oh god no.

He quickly looks up at a figure above us. "Fuck" is all he says before there's another large bang and a splash. I look up for my rescuer. "Get on the fucking boat now." Someone shouts I don't know who, my world is dark. Someone is applying pressure to my side though. I wish I could see them. Thank them. I can't though. I feel someone dragging me along the pier. I think it's a women. I'm not sure whose who at this point. Suddenly I am vomiting again and my world goes dark.

"Why hasn't she woken up yet." Someone flaps.
"She isn't going to that's why, someone in a horse dead pan voice says, I hear shuffling and the door slam."
"Look she's lost a lot of blood, I didn't have nearly what I needed to help her, she's going to be weak."
"I've literally pumped nearly half my body worth of blood into her; for what, nothing?!" His voice cracks. Jace.
I move my finger, I try my hardest.
"Shit get in here she's moving." The strongest smell of alcohol and cigarettes mixed with...Dior...float into my nostrils and I smile. He's alive. I feel a warm hand take mine, they pull me in and sit me close to their chest.
"Grace please, if you can hear me. I need you to wake up, I really do."
"We will leave you a while son." A female voice remarks and a few feet shuffle and exit the cabin.
"J..." is all I can mange. It's enough though. He cups my hand and cheek in his hands. One on either part of me.
"I'm here, I'm alive, so..so are you." I force my eyes open and they snap back shut again, I try again and I'm blinking rapidly now. I look around. Jace is holding me tight, slowly tidying my hair.
" I really thought you weren't coming back Grace. We had no doctors, well, apart from Clive and Jenna, but they had no real equipment for a gun shot wound. No blood. So i erm, well that doesn't matter." I smile. I cried. I screamed for him.
"I...thought." He cuts me off. "I know, I shot him first but he pulled me into the water with him. I've no idea how, he had a bullet in his head. I couldn't get to you Grace I'm so sorry he did that to you." "You did?" He looks sombre "I didn't, I'm so sorry, you just had no feeling, you were in shock. Your eyes were tightly closed." I look at my bullet hole. It's covered in a tidy dressing. No sign of blood anywhere. I clock the IV in my arm. "They're antibiotics. To make sure you don't get an infection after what he did." I wince, I know what he did, he shoved his finger inside of my bullet wound, he dug around my insides trying to speed my death up. Something about my subconscious shut that off for me. I'm grateful for that.
I study Jace, he looks ill, really ill. His eyes are dark and deep sunken, his lips a dark purple. He's pale so pale. He's still toned and beautiful though. I point it my bullet wound and he lifts his top. I smile "We match." I joke. He kisses me, like his been trapped in a dessert and I'm his only water. "We do. Permanently branded by one another." I smile. I wish he'd keep kissing me, I hurt all over. A lady walks in and looks at Jace ignoring me. "Jace her levels are still bad." He nods and pulls his jumper up. His arm is covered in bruises I try to push myself to sit. He covers his arm and turns to me. "Grace, Grace it's fine...don't worry it's fine."

The lady grabs a needle and sticks it in Jaces arm, I shudder and wince. She connects him to a machine and it looks like it draws his blood. Wait that's why he's so poorly. "Stop. It's killing you." I whisper too quietly; but he hears me Jace smiles and shakes his head. "It's not actually, we check my blood daily." The lady comes to me and connects me to the same machine. I watch as the blood from jace rotates in the machine and comes up to my wires. Into my vein. What?

He leans in next to me reading my concern. He places his cannulated arm on my chest and plays with my hair. "Your A+ Grace, I learnt that from the last time you were in hospital because of me. I'm O+. I donate blood. It's clean. Our blood groups are compatible. So I'm just giving you a donation ok?" I give him a disapproving glare and he laughs. "I know, I know, I'm a gentleman. But really grace. I'm you're only option right now. I am literally your life line." He smiles proudly. "You're pleased with that aren't you?" I whisper. He nods and kisses my forehead.
"We've got a long road till your better Grace, but we will get there. We have supplies being flown to us tomorrow. It should have all the medical things we both need." I nod tired from talking and doze off in Jaces arms. My safety.