Chapter 195

There were summer harvests every year. Still, everyone's enthusiasm remains unabated every time.

Lin Qing He gave lessons in the morning and got a half-day off in the afternoon. Even though her salary and work points were halved, she will still receive a few jins of coarse grains when the summer harvest is over.

Last year, they received corn. Not sure about this year. Most likely will be similar to corn.

She didn't worry about this. Lin Qing He was responsible for preparing the food every day.

In the past few years, Zhou Qing Bai hadn't aged much since he retired due to his diet. As for Eldest Brother, Second Brother, and Third Brother, one can see the difference when standing beside Zhou Qing Bai.

Zhou Qing Bai was two years younger than Third Brother. However, Third Brother appeared to be more than five years older than Zhou Qing Bai. Obviously aged quicker.

From the beginning, doing this farm work was energy-consuming and drained them to their weary bones. On top of that, their lifestyle was frugal.

Of course, compared with others in the village, Third Brother fared much better. There were some women in the village who were an extreme miser. They were examples of exaggeration. They can cause their men to collapse from starvation in the field.

Lin Qing He couldn't figure out how they could think like this.

Let alone the countryside, even in the city, if the head of the family collapse, it was the equivalent to the matter of the sky falling down. To actually make her man starve to this point, it wasn't living frugally. Rather, she held hatred for her man in disguise.

Lin Qing He's meals were always great.

Father Zhou, Zhou Qing Bai, and the boys, who also came to participate in the summer harvest, ate spring pancakes.

Even when it was summer now, it was still okay to eat spring pancakes.

The spring pancakes were filled with cucumber, eggs, chives, beans, and pork.

These were all cut into small pieces and then fried and were wrapped within the spring pancakes when brought over. There was also a bone soup, which was placed in the space when cycling over and then moved from the space to the basket on arrival.

Compared with this delicious spring pancake, what other people ate was really so-so.

The better-off families had two flour (not wheat flour of course) in one pancake or mantou mixed with a little bit of white flour. These were eaten with pickled veg.

Slightly worst were pancakes and water.

It was always been this way. From the time when they started working again at noon until they got off work in the afternoon, their belly was about to stick to their back.

Despite how they ate, Zhou Qing Bai, Father Zhou, and the boys, who filled their stomachs to the brim, were hungry too.

Fortunately, they all knew that as soon as they get home, there will be fragrant soup, soft steamed mantou, and delicious dishes waiting for them.

Three days into the summer harvest, Zhou Qing Bai came back with a rabbit in tow.

It was a common occurrence for Zhou Qing Bai to catch rabbits during the summer and autumn harvest to add a dish. In the past few years, which year did he not catch them?

Since it was just one, Lin Qing He would naturally not share it. She got Zhou Qing Bai to tidy it and then she simply braised it.

Again, many people came over to squat around the corner with their bowls. If they can take a sniff, it felt like they can eat more.