Chapter 35

Lin Qing He observed this man. She saw a kind of uneasiness in his eyes, which made her slightly startled. It turned out that he was not as undaunted as he showed.

He was actually worried on the inside. It was just that he didn't know how to express these emotions, so he appeared to not care at all.

Zhou Qing Bai also examined her. He saw the confusion in her eyes, disbelief, and a hint of undisguised loss. Not a single disappointment or despair.

This made him stunned.

What made him even more shocked was what Lin Qing He said next.

"Retire then. The house needs a man, otherwise, I will not be able to sleep peacefully at night." As if admitting her fate, her shoulders collapsed and uttered.

This sentence successfully drew Zhou Qing Bai's attention. He remembered when he knocked on the door on his return last night, she voiced out harsh words at the door.

"Someone dare come to disturb at night?" Zhou Qing Bai enquired in a deep voice.

Lin Qing He looked like she had no reason to live. She powerlessly responded: "No. It’s just that one time, I felt someone hopped over the wall outside. At that time I wasn't asleep, so immediately yelled. You know we have neighbors everywhere, so the thieves ran away. There were no real losses."

Zhou Qing Bai's face was gloomy: "It's my fault."

If something really happened, he dare not imagine the consequences.

Lin Qing He directed an expressionless face at him: "From this evening on, you will sleep on the Kang next door."

She admired her intellect. Unintentionally, she found such a wonderful excuse to sleep separately?

Zhou Qing Bai gave an odd look. Such a big matter, she didn't say anything else? She didn't scold him, or make him go back?

"What are you looking at!" Lin Qing He glared at him.

Zhou Qing Bai mentally exclaimed, 'that's the right reaction!'

"I'm telling you now, even if you retire, I won't go out and work. After marrying you, I have no plans to work on the field!" Lin Qing He stated.

"Just me working is enough." Zhou Qing Bai nodded. He never planned to let her work in the field. That was too exhausting. Just him was enough.

"Also the house chores. You also have to do your share!" Lin Qing He continued.

"Ok." Zhou Qing Bai also agreed.

"The retirement fund, how much is there? I'm managing that too!" Lin Qing He said.

Zhou Qing Bai took out the package he brought back last night. Opening the package, two sets of clothes and a water heater were revealed.

At the sight of the water heater, Lin Qing He's eyes lit up. There was only one at home. Not enough to use. Now with an additional one, it was sufficient.

There was also a backpack, footwear, and the like.

The backpack was bulging. Zhou Qing Bai handed it over directly: "It's all here."

Lin Qing He was actually a little embarrassed, but she still took it. Afterward, she was stunned: "So much money? How much is there?"

"Three thousand." Zhou Qing Bai darted a glance at her.

"Why is there so much?" Lin Qing He shocked.

There were almost two hundred yuans left in her pocket, and this was also a huge sum of money. She never expected Zhou Qing Bai to bring back three thousand yuans this time. What does this mean?