Chapter 40

From his serious attitude, Lin Qing He saw he really had no objection.

"There's no rush in making the chicken shed. When you're ready, come over and kill the chicken. It's really delicious to stew chicken until the evening." Lin Qing He said.

Zhou Qing Bai nodded: "Leave it to me."

After finishing the work in his hand, he came to the front yard to kill the chicken. It was perfect to pass this work to him.

Lin Qing He boiled the water for him to remove the feathers. She lit the stove. A casserole pot was the best for stewing chicken. Starting now and stew until around 7pm in the evening, it'll be so soft and tender.

There weren't any special ingredients for the stewed chicken, just a handful of sesame seeds. No red dates were thrown in.

The sesame stewed chicken was very flavorful and nourishing. Perfect for Zhou Qing Bai's current state.

"Have some apple." Lin Qing He scooped hot water for him to wash his hands, and then grabbed an apple for him.

Zhou Qing Bai stared at her.

"What are you looking at?" Lin Qing He asked.

"Nothing." Zhou Qing Bai took the apple and cut out half for her to eat.

Although Lin Qing He gave him an eye-roll, she was satisfied in her heart. This man was selfless. She accepted it as she spoke, "This is for you, the patient. I will only eat this time for you."

"No need to be like," Zhou Qing Bai said.

Lin Qing He knew what he meant and was too lazy to bother with him. It was no wonder that this tough-acting man would be maltreated by the original owner into going to the woods during the cold weather and carry with firewood. He didn't know how to be lazy when he was injured.

She turned around and returned to the room, so she didn't catch Zhou Qing Bai's soften gaze falling on her.

Da Wa, Er Wa, and San Wa were all up in the room, but the brothers were lolling on the kang, unwilling to get down as it was very warm.

"Mother!" Seeing Lin Qing He walked in munching on an apple, all three's eyes lit up.

"Once you get down and wears clothes, I'll give you each an apple." Lin Qing He declared.

"This apple isn't as big as before. Nor as sweet as before." Da Wa pointed out as he dressed.

"That's right." Er Wa bobbed his head.

"So what? The previous ones were bought in the county city, and these were bought from the community's supply and demand cooperative." Lin Qinghe bit into the apple and directed San Wa to dress by himself and replied.

There were apples as big as her space's one sold in the county city, but the quantity was too small to buy. As long as there was a source and she had been to the city, she didn't have to worry.

The apples at home were not big, as they were locally produced. The taste was also not as good as the ones she took out of her space.

Da Wa and Er Wa finished dressing. Each went to get an apple to eat. San Wa imperfectly wore his clothes but still, Lin Qing He didn't fix it for him. After more practice, he'll be able to. It'll be fine as long as he was bundled up.

San Wa's apple was turned into apple puree by Lin Qing He. The little guy had a great appetite and was able to eat it all.

Probably because of eating solidly and being in good health, his fever quickly receded the other day.