Chapter 70

Play, eat, and movie, it was all done. Now, it was time for the family to head home.

On the way, Da Wa and Er Wa expressed that they will watch the movie in next year's New Year!

"Sure, as long as you study well every day, I can fulfill your desire to watch movies." Lin Qing He generously declared.

Zhou Qing Bai didn't say anything. He took his wife and children back home on a bicycle but still listened to the laughter of his wife and children. His usual cold expression on his face had a rare softness.

It's almost three o'clock in the afternoon when they get home. The whole family was tired after a day out.

Da Wa and Er Wa were so energetic, so Lin Qing He didn't stop them from going out. She took San Wa with her to relax.

At this hour, it was almost time for dinner. Napping wasn't possible.

Lin Qing He washed the apples to snack on. Zhou Qing Bai bit into one, while San Wa was spoon-fed apple puree that was scraped out by her.

Although he counts as two years old, the real age was still too small.

Zhou Qing Bai took over this job once he finished his and let her eat her own one.

"In this freezing weather, what should we eat tonight?" Lin Qing He asked.

"Dumplings is enough." Zhou Qing Bai uttered.

"How about cornmeal mantou?" Lin Qing He was sick of eating dumplings and suggested: "I'll steam another piece of bacon and cook a seaweed soup?"

"OK." Zhou Qing Bai nodded.

Zhou Xiao Mei came over to eat during the evening. It was amazing to eat bacon. She felt that her fourth brother seemed to be a lot fatter since returning home. At least, he looked sturdier than before. She believed this was all thanks to her fourth sister-in-law.

Look at this bacon. It was so fragrant and delicious that she could almost swallow her tongue.

Lin Qing He's bacon was indeed delicious. This was without a doubt. Just looking at Zhou Qing Bai and the kids and you'll know.

Stir-fried bacon and pickled vegetables with a little sprinkle of crushed chili. So aromatic and tasty.

There was also a big bone and seaweed soup. Even though it was mainly simple cornmeal mantou, as a guest, Zhou Xiao Mei was still satisfied.

She cleaned the tableware, Lin Qing He didn't stop her. Her own Guzi came to scrouge dinner, so why stop her from helping with the tableware clean up.

The second day of the new year was also very fulfilling.

However, the old Lin family apparently had their own thoughts.

Initially, they thought Lin Qing He was throwing a tantrum and said she won't come back during the New Year. She only had this one maternal family, how can she not come back?

Like this, her in-law family would look down on her.

But who would have known, she really didn't visit today, on the second day of New Year.

"Old man, do you think this girl really won't visit?" Mother Lin asked.

"Well, it's just a matter of temper. No need to care whether she comes to visit her maiden's home. With her temper, she will come back crying to her maternal house someday." Father Lin snorted.

Mother Lin nodded: "This girl is too head-strong, she deserves to suffer."

It wasn't just Father Lin and Mother Lin who talked about Lin Qing He. Eldest Brother Lin and Eldest Sister-in-law Lin mentioned her, but it was only a brief sentence or two.