Chapter 65

"You can do as you like." Zhou Qing Bai stated.

Lin Qing He made a simple meal. Steamed mantou and then cooked a bone seaweed soup. Needless to say, she gave the three brothers a meatball each.

And that was it for dinner. Simple, but filling.

If her family's food was second place, no one in the village dared to claim they are first.

Zhou's younger Guzi, Zhou Xiao Mei, came back on the 25th in a pair of white plastic-soled cloth shoes.

Instead of heading straight home, she came to Lin Qing He's place first.

Even though she was working in the food factory in the county city, she still heard about her fourth brother's retirement.

She had long wanted to return, but there was no way as they were approaching the end of the year and the factory was too busy for her to get out.

So she restrained herself until now when she got her holiday.

"Younger Guzi is back! Hey, these shoes are awesome." When Lin Qing He saw her, her eyes were attracted by the shoes at her feet, exclaimed.

"I asked a relative of my colleague to bring it from Hai City." Zhou Xiao Mei said and then stuffed a handful of milk candy to Da Wa and his brothers to get rid of them. She pulled Lin Qing He into the room.

"What's up?" Lin Qing He looked at her.

"Fourth Sister-in-law, my fourth brother has retired just like that? You didn't make a scene?" Zhou Xiao Mei whispered.

"He already backed down. What use is there for me to make trouble?" Lin Qing He laughed.

That's the original owner's bestie for sure. She really understood the original owner.

Zhou Xiao Mei halted for a moment. She looked at her fourth sister-in-law suspiciously and observed how her fourth sister-in-law's skin was really great. She couldn't help saying: "Fourth Sister-in-law, what kind of skincare products do you use? Your skin is all white and translucent."

The topic deviated in one go.

"There is no skin care product. Just the usual vanishing cream." Lin Qing He said.

There weren't many skin care products in her space, she will never share those with others.

"Vanishing cream is quite good, but how can it have this excellent effect? Your skin's quality is much higher than before. Don't hide it from me and not tell me." Zhou Xiao Mei persisted. And in a quieter voice, she continued: "This time I brought a lot of good things back for Fourth Sister-in-law. Enough for you to take to your maternal home to show off."

"What goodies did you bring? Let me see." Lin Qing He focused on her bag.

"Tell me how you maintain your skin first. In this winter, you can still make yourself so white and rosy and have a scent on you. What did you use?" Zhou Xiao Mei stood firm.

"You show first, otherwise I won't say it." Lin Qing He said.

Zhou Xiao Mei reluctantly took it out first. This time she brought back a lot of food-related stacks; cooking oil coupons, subsidiary coupons for buying dates, canned food, fungus and other non-staple food, as well as food coupons. Cloth coupons and cotton coupons too!

"I exchanged for these cloth coupons and cotton coupons with other people. I know you want it so I especially got it for you." Zhou Xiao Mei said with pride.

"These coupons are certainly useful. Have you left some for Mother?" Lin Qing He asked.

The reason why the original owner would support Zhou Xiao Mei to go to the food factory and not hesitate to pay to buy gifts for her to go through the back door, was so she can obtain Zhou Xiao Mei's help in getting coupons.