Chapter 172

"Xiao Mei is going to give birth soon. At that time, you will be busy, Mother. You can manage the meal when the time comes. As for the dishes, wait until I come back to fry them." Lin Qing He said.

She felt a job was important for a married woman.

Just look. Mother Zhou's attitude towards her had changed drastically these days.

She wasn't saying it was bad before, but it just hadn't reached that level yet. Now it really had a feeling of being cherished.

This made Lin Qing He a bit embarrassed and emotional.

It was okay to let Mother Zhou make the meal. But when it comes to making the side dishes, the family will definitely not be used to it.

What's more, Zhou Xiao Mei was pretty far along in her pregnancy now. After giving birth to the child and having her post-natal confinement, the child will be brought back here.

Mother Zhou approximately understood what her daughter-in-law meant, so she nodded and just replied: "Then I will prepare all the vegetables. You can just cook it when you come back."

Lin Qing He agreed.

Once Da Wa and Er Wa came back from foraging pigweed, Zhou Qing Bai and Father Zhou also returned from work.

Lin Qing He went in and cooked the dumplings.

It was currently August. The weather was still very stuffy. In addition to dumplings, Lin Qing He also made mung bean soup.

It was best to drink it when it's around seven o'clock. As it can completely cool off all the heat.

After finishing everything and laid on the Kang, Lin Qing He told Zhou Qing Bai about this matter: "People outside are praising me to heaven. What if I can't teach the students well?"

"Won't happen." Zhou Qing Bai smiled.

"You're that confident in me?" Lin Qing He grinned.

"You did a wonderful job with Da Wa and Er Wa." Zhou Qing Bai replied.

Since she can teach both of their sons so well, how can she do badly with the students? It won't happen.

"Are there still people outside who say that you got such bad luck by marrying me?" Lin Qing He joked with him.

Zhou Qing Bai's eyebrows were gentle: "They all envy me."

That's right. Even his second and third elder brothers, they both envy him.

They used to envy how he was doted by his parents, even though he didn't have anything more than them. Even when he separated out and built this house, it was all from the allowance he earned.

Later, they envied his three sons and his wife's wonderful cooking. Now it was envying her ability to earn this time.

"How are they praising me?" Lin Qing He raised her eyebrows.

Zhou Qing Bai chuckled and pulled his wife into his embrace.

Lin Qing He listened to his heartbeat. It had a calming effect.

Asking this man to say something to make her happy was really putting him on the spot. His strength wasn't this and had never been.

However, he was very devoted to her. He always showed tolerance towards her. Even when she was occasionally overbearing, he would still use his broad heart to give her consideration.

Lin Qing He felt that meeting him might be her fate. It was really hard for her to imagine the life of marrying someone else other than him.

"Qing Bai, if the college entrance examination resumes in the future, I will take the exam. After the college entrance examination, I will go to college to study. I will come back a few times a year." Lin Qing He laid in his arms and said softly.