Chapter 115

However, seventy yuans was good. Seventy yuans wasn't a small sum.

And this was just the food. There was pork. This time the income was at least a hundred yuans!

When entering the county city to get rid of the stock, she brought along Er Wa and San Wa. After she returned from her sale, the two of them were sitting beside her bicycle.

Their eyeballs were wandering around. At first glance, they didn't appear obedient, but still, they behaved, didn't randomly stroll away and sat there waiting for their mother.

As soon as they saw Lin Qing He, their eyes lit up.

"Mother." San Wa stepped forward to hug his mother's thigh.

"Have you obediently waited for Mother's return?" Lin Qing He asked.

"Yes, we did keep waiting here!" Er Wa said.

San Wa nodded and requested: "Mother, buy me a candied haw stick!"

"Didn't you just eat a popsicle?" Lin Qing He said.

A cream popsicle was eight cents. She bought two and gave them one for each.

"I still want to eat." San Wa started to act spoiled.

"I'll buy one for you. However, we're taking it home and share it with me, your father, and your elder brother." Lin Qing He said.

"OK!" Er Wa nodded happily.

San Wa hesitated. Feeling that he should share with his father and his brother, he nodded.

Lin Qing He took them around for a while. The sugar at home was almost gone. She bought another jin of sugar. As for the others, there was no need. Of course, she also bought a can of milk powder. The boys can drink it.

As for the rest, there was no need. She bought a candied haw stick, which was wrapped in oil paper. Then they went home.

When they got home, the brothers pestered for the candied haw and Lin Qing He complied. Each got one piece, so three was left.

Once Zhou Qing Bai came back from work at noon and Da Wa got back from the pigweed gathering after school, Lin Qing He took out the candied haws, and ate it with them. They each devoured one.

It had Er Wa and San Wa drooling.

"Mother." San Wa wanted to hoodwink.

"It's useless for you to cry. Each ate one, now it's gone." Lin Qing He said.

San Wa withdrew his teary face at once.

"Will you wait for your father and your elder brother the next time and not have the treat on your own?" Lin Qing He asked.

Er Wa and San Wa expressed they'll wait and won’t eat alone anymore, otherwise, they would have no more to eat and wanted to cry!

Lin Qing He displayed her satisfaction, and then gathered them for dinner.

Zhou Qing Bai never cut in on her when she educates her children. This old-fashioned man had always pursued the belief of male outside, woman inside. Everything within the house was her say.

Lin Qing He was actually content with this clear division of labor.

After all, this was his recognition of her.

"Who did you buy those two chicks from?" Lin Qing He asked Zhou Qing Bai.

"Village branch secretary." Zhou Qing Bai's eyes were gentle.

Their family was raising three hens that lay eggs. Now there were two chicks. The last two were raised after the spring and have already been slaughtered this summer to stew for the father and sons to eat