Chapter 158

Although the forty-five days of the autumn harvest was exhausting, the joy of harvest was magnified within people's heart despite being tired.

Even though the summer harvest just happened.

It was the autumn harvest that can really help people get through this year.

A bumper harvest during the autumn harvest meant that they can have a good New Year. If the autumn harvest was bad, then they will have to starve.

For the older generation, there was nothing happier than having a full stomach.

After the autumn harvest, the handing over the public ration. Then it was food distribution.

Lin Qinghe took advantage of the food distribution.

No matter what kind of grain, she will buy a lot. With so many varieties, she can gather over a hundred of jins.

If someone asks, Lin Qing He would say that there were so many people in the family and if they want to fill the stomach, how can she not buy more?

With one sentence, she blocked people's mouths.

Toward Zhou Qing Bai's wife's lifestyle, everyone was used to it and generally won't question too deeply.

After all, in this age when everyone ate until a maximum of 60% to 70% full, it was normal for her to buy more if her family want to be 100% full.

Only Zhou Qing Bai and Mother Zhou knew that these were going to be sold and not to be eaten at home.

Although Lin Qing He was extravagant, she never wastes.

Each meal was large in portion, but it basically allowed 80% full. Only during the summer harvests and autumn harvests, she allowed 100% fullness.

Other times, it was just about enough. They can't overstuff.

And besides staple food, there was also subsidiary food.

Lin Qing He would occasionally make sesame soup, mung bean soup, barley congee, red bean congee, and red date congee.

Basically, the family didn't go hungry.

Lin Qing He came to find Third Brother Lin when she found time. Third Brother Lin had gathered food for her.

Not much, just about two hundred jins.

"Sister, we can get allocated 30 yuan or so this year. I will save it and pay you back." Third Brother Lin said to her.

Lin Qing He didn't care: "Save it. Wait until you have saved a hundred yuan and talk about it."

After saying this, she took the food and depart.

Lin Qing He was undoubtedly busy during this period of time.

Food wasn't divided all in one go.

Harvesting meant that when each crop was harvested, it was dried and the public ration share will be handed over. Then that grain will be distributed first.

The rest will be collected and then divided later.

So after the first batch of grain was handed out Lin Qing He had already begun to sell the grain.

It was until the end of the autumn harvest when her food was mostly sold. She was tired, but she got to earn nearly a hundred yuans. So even if she was a little bit worn out, she didn't mind.

In this era, people like Third Brother Lin can make a few dozen yuans at the end of the year. And due to other deductions and expenses, there wasn't much money.