Chapter 56

Lin Qing He wasn't worried about Mei Jie disagreeing. Even though the transaction was a bit risky, the current movement was not as severe as it was in the early 1960s.

Then there was Mei Jie, who had to support the elderly and half-grown children who can eat their old man to poverty. This period was the time of the middle-aged crisis.

It was truly having old above and young below. As long as one wasn't stupid, they would be willing to give it a try.

Both husband and wife have employment, so obviously they weren't stupid. Lin Qing He anticipated as long as there's no problem on her side, it'll be fine.

With a space in her hand, buying and selling some stuff was like playing for her.

Now the only problem for her was that she had to get up so early in the future!

Would she be able to conceal getting up early from Zhou Qing Bai? Lin Qing He felt that she couldn't hide this matter. With his character, he most likely would ask her to not do it.

When Lin Qing He came back, she chanced upon someone from other villages carrying their eggs to sell. So she bought two jins of eggs on the way home.

As Lin Qing He went back, she hadn't been able to come up with anything.

Zhou Qing Bai was a little puzzled. Why did his wife look like she had something to say but stopped for some reason?

He didn't ask immediately.

It was already past three o'clock. Tonight she intended to eat bean paste bun, so Lin Qing He didn't plan to cook.

But because of the dry weather in winter, she stewed seaweed and ribs soup.

There weren't many spare ribs remaining. Lin Qing He added It all.

In the evening, the family was quite satisfied with the food. After eating, they routinely went to wash and sleep.

But because of this bean paste bun, she was worried that the children were too small to digest well, so she played with them for a while before sleeping.

"What's the matter?" Zhou Qing Bai said as he hugged her.

That's right, the children were moved by him to one side tonight again. He shared the quilt with her again.

"I ordered meat with my Mei Jie as I planned to make some bacon. Mei Jie told me to go over at 5:30 tomorrow morning." Lin Qing He mentioned.

"Slaughterhouse?" Zhou Qing Bai asked.

"En." Lin Qing He nodded.

"You sleep. I will go tomorrow, Mei Jie recognize me." Zhou Qing Bai stated.

"The children are still asleep at half past five. You stay at home, I will go on my own." Lin Qing He shook her head.

Zhou Qing Bai didn't speak and patted her on the back to signal her to sleep.

Early the next morning, Zhou Qing Bai got up quietly. But as soon as he moved, Lin Qing He woke up.

"Sleep, I can get it." Zhou Qing Bai coaxed.

"I will go with you. We can come back before the children wake up." Lin Qing He shook her head.

Seeing that he couldn't dissuade her, Zhou Qing Bai didn't stop her. So he wrapped her up tightly. Lin Qing He had a black thread hanging over her (T/N: basically this 囧). However, once she stepped out, she felt a gust of cold air. She felt that she was quite noble, to make such a big sacrifice for this family!

"If you dare to let me down in the future, I will definitely be able to live better than you!" Lin Qing He harrumphed as she sat behind him, hugging his waist.