CHAPTER 36

"RAJKUMAR MANIKANTHA KI JAI ! RAJKUMAR MANIKANTHA KI JAI !" Everyone hailed as Rishi Gurunathan brought Ayyappa swami back to the Pandalam Raj bhavan.

Rajshekhara and Koperundevi were overjoyed seeing their son after so long, while the little prince Rajrajan was curiously looking at his older brother for the first time.

"Maharaj, ab aap apne putra ko Manikantha nahi Ayyappa pukariye." Gurunathan said.

"Ayyappa ?" Rajshekhara muttered.

"Ha Maharaj. Aapne satya kaha tha ki aapke putra Harihar ka prasaad hai. Inhone apni kripa se mere putra ko drishti aur vaani pradaan ki hai. Iss liye inka naam Ayyappa pada hai." Gurunathan said.

Rajshekhara and Koperundevi proudly looked at their son Ayyappa who touched their feet, seeking blessings but they engulfed him in warm embrace instead.

"RAJKUMAR AYYAPPA KI JAI !" Everyone cheered.

The Mahamantri was gritting his teeth, seeing the impact of Ayyappa swami on the people. He then looked at the little prince Rajrajan, who was about to walk towards his elder brother but the sly minister slid his feet under Rajrajan's and made him fall down.

"Arrey ! Jab se bade Rajkumar Manikantha aaye hai, chhote Rajkumar Rajrajan par toh koi dhyaan hi nahi de raha !" The Mahamantri said.

And those words like arrows pierced the heart of Koperundevi, and the minister knew it. He was deliberately playing with her motherhood.

"Anuj !" Ayyappa swami ran towards his brother making him stand up and embracing him.

Seeing the two brothers together, the heart of Koperundevi calmed down while the Mahamantri fakely smiled. Up there in Chaitanya Lok, Srinav and Amarsri sighed seeing his slyness.

"Atyant kutil vyakti hai yeh. Parivaar mei kalesh utpan karna chahta hai." Srinav said.

"Kintu jab tak Prabhu Ayyappa waha hai, yeh dusht kuch nahi kar payega." Amarsri smiled.

----

"Pitashree dekhiye, mai Harihar ke Puja hetu kamal ke pushp aur belpatra le aya." Rajrajan said.

"Ruko putra, hum iss samagri se puja nahi kar sakte." Rajshekhara said.

"Kintu kyu ?" Koperundevi frowned.

"Pitashree." Ayyappa swami called bringing the same samagri in his hands.

"Hum Ayyappa ke laye pushpo se puja karenge." Rajshekhara said.

"Kintu, Rajrajan bhi toh wahi samagri laya hai hai Maharaj." Koperundevi said.

"Ha kintu Manikantha Jyesht hai." Rajshekhara said taking the lotus flower and belpatra baskets from the hand of Ayyappa swami.

Koperundevi looked down at her younger son Rajrajan, whose head hung low. She didn't like seeing her son upset like this.

"Koi baat nahi, Mata aur Pitashree mere samagri se pooja kar lenge aur hum dono tumhari layi samagri se." Ayyappa swami said kneeling in front of his brother.

"Uchit hai." Rajrajan smiled. And so did Koperundevi but her smile wasn't as genuine as it was supposed to be. Because in her mind the words of Mahamantri kept ringing.

"Jab se bade Rajkumar Manikantha aaye hai, chhote Rajkumar Rajrajan par toh koi dhyaan hi nahi de raha !"

She being mother was worried about her younger son, fearing that he will live in shadows of his elder brother's greatness and no one will pay a heed to him.

The sly Mahamantri who was keeping an eye on them from behind a pillar knew that this was the best opportunity to tear the family apart.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Arrey Mahamantri.... Itna adharm ke andhakaar mei doobe hai ki Ayyappa Swami ko pehechan hi nahi paa rahe...