CHAPTER 22

Walking with a fast pace and long sturdy steps, Parshuram holding his Vidyudabhi axe in one hand and kamandal in the other, entered the ashram of his father after years.

With his lotus eyes, he saw Rishi Jamdagni sitting outside the hut with a disappointed and brooding expression.

"Pitashree ?" Parshuram called in his usual gruff voice.

Jamdagni looked at him and frowned, not able to recognise his son after so many years. His long beard and upturned moustache hid much of his face.

"Pitashree, mai aapka putra." Parshuram said going towards him.

"Bhargav-Ram ?" Jamdagni recognised standing up.

"Pranam Pitashree." Parshuram touched the feet of his father.

"Ayushman bhava putra Bhargav-Ram !" Jamdagni blessed him.

"Bhargav-Ram nahi Pitashree... Parshuram ! Mere Aradhya aur Guru Mahadev ne mujhe yeh naam diya hai iss Vidyudabhi Parshu ke saath." Parshuram said showing him the axe.

"Parshuram...." Jamdagni smiled.

"Kya huya Pitashree ? Aap Mujhe dekh prasann nahi ?" Parshuram asked.

"Aisa nahi hai Putra, mai tumhe dekh atyant prasann hu. Kintu yeh nahi gyaath ki yeh prasannata kitne der aur rahegi." Jamdagni said.

"Aap aisa kyu bol rahe hai ?" Parshuram frowned.

"Toh aur kya bolu ? Jab mere 4 putro ne mere aadesh ka tiraskaar kardiya ?" Jamdagni said.

"Mere Agrajo ne aapka tiraskaar kiya ? Kya baat hai Pitashree ? Purn roop se bataye." Parshuram asked.

Jamdagni looked at Parshuram sighing and began telling him the entire thing.

- FLASHBACK -

Mata Renuka, rigid in her vows, went to have a bath in the river. She saw the king of Marttikavata there, Chitraratha by name.

On seeing the prosperous king, garlanded with lotuses, sporting in the water with his wives, Renuka was filled with desire. Because of this unchaste behaviour, she lost her senses and moistened herself.

Meanwhile, when Rishi Jamdagni noticed that his wife had not yet returned from the river, with his yogic powers and divine vision he saw all that had taken place and was filled with rage.

When Renuka finally returned, Jamdagni was so furious that he disregarded her and ordered his eldest son Rumanvat to behead her but he denied.

He then asked his other sons Sushena, Vasu and Vishvavasu, one by one to kill their mother, but all of them denied. He then cursed them in great anger.

As a result of the curse, they swiftly lost their minds and began to follow the conduct of animals or birds, or that of inanimate objects.

-- FLASHBACK OVER --

"Kaha hai meri Mata aur Agraj ?" Parshuram asked.

"Woh sabhi iss kutiya mei hai." Jamdagni said.

Parshuram went inside the hut with Jamdagni behind him. Mata Renuka was sobbing while his elder brothers were acting like animals, birds or remained motionless like inanimate objects.

Seeing his mother and brothers like this Parshuram became upset, while Jamdagni's anger increased seeing his wife and sons and remembering their deeds.

"PARSHURAM ! BINA KISI DAYA BHAAV KE MAAR DALO APNI ISS MATA KO !" Jamdagni told in great anger.

At that, Parshuram grasped his divine axe and sliced off his mother’s head in an instant. From this act the entire cosmos shook.

Brahmadev and Mahadev were brought out of their meditation. Indra stood up from his throne with his jaw dropped. While in Chaitanya Lok, the eyes of Amarsri and Srinav widened seeing the scene.

"Yeh kya kardiya prabhu ne ?" Srinav asked.

"Bhagwaan hoke aisa paap ?" Amarsri frowned.

Down there the anger of the great souled Jamdagni was finally appeased, while Parshuram kept looking at his mother's beheaded figure emotionlessly.

"Parshuram ! Tumne mera aadesh ka maan rakh kar mujhe woh samman diya hai jo mere anya putra nahi de paye ! Mai tumhe 2 vardaan deta hu ! Jo maangna hai maang lo Mai awashya dunga !" Jamdagni said in a pleasant tone of voice.

"Jo maangunga woh denge ?" Parshuram asked.

"Ha jo maangoge woh milega !" Jamdagni said.

"Pratham Vardaan, meri Mata ko punah jeevit karde parantu sheesh dhar se alag hone ki smriti unme na ho jisse mujhe paap na lage. Aur dusra vardaan yeh, ki mere Bhrata shraapmukt ho jaye." Parshuram said.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

So to those who say this act of Parshuram was cruel and heartless....

Beta mana ki naam ek hai lekin yeh Bhargav-Ram hai Raghav Ram nahi !

Prem, Manavta aur daya sikhane yeh nahi aaye hai... Yeh aaye hai Rajao ka ahankar todne aur paapiyo ka Nar Sanghar karne ! Toh inse soft hone ki apeksha na rakho, yeh Parshuram hai Shri Ram nahi.

Kintu aisa nahi hai ki inme hridaye nahi... Yeh bhi Bhagwaan hai.... He did one arrow two sparrow... Unko pata tha ki Jamdagni prasann hoke vardaan denge....

Uss vardaan mei inhone Mata ko kshama bhi dilwa diya aur Bhaiyo ko shraap mukt bhi karwa diya. Kabhi kabhi bhagwaan ki leela sidha samajh nahi aati.

Aur Narayan ki leela wahi jaane U.U