CHAPTER 8

The entire Bharatvarsh thrived under Raja Bharat, who had dedicated his entire empire to Devi Arya-Bhaarti. With a small statue of hers over his throne, Bharat consolidated his empire under her name.

The rest of the kings of Bharatvarsh too did the same by placing the idol of Akhand Maharani over their thrones and acting as servant kings who ruled on her behalf.

Everyone was at peace except one ruler, the Suryavanshi king of Ayodhya, famous by the name of Bhagirath, who after learning the awful end of his forefathers, who were unable to attain region of gods, he regretfully made over his kingly duties to his minister and went to practice austerities in the Himalayas.

On the advice of his Guru Trithala, Bhagirath performed penance for a thousand years to bring the holy river Ganga down to earth to release his 60,000 forefather from the curse of Kapil Muni.

And when Ganga finally was happy with his penance, she appeared in front of him and told that she is ready to descend down to earth but there was a problem. The holy river has got such a massive force that if she descends directly then she will pierce the earth into two parts.

Therefore some must be there to break her massive flow, and no one besides the god of gods Mahadev was capable of doing so.

Hence Bhagirath performed severe austerities and finally pleased Mahadev, who proposed a solution to the problem that Ganga shall flow through his dreadlocks, which were capable of sustaining her flow.

From his Kamandal, Brahmadev who had been carrying the water of Ganga since long, poured it over Mahadev's head.

The massive holy river fell over the head of Adidev but her intense flow was broken and sustained in his dreadlocks

Ganga was completely captured in his dark dreadlocks, which seemed to have mysteries of all the universes tied in them

Ganga was completely captured in his dark dreadlocks, which seemed to have mysteries of all the universes tied in them. All the gods were in awe witnessing it.

Mahadev untied one dreadlock and from it the holy river started flowing down the earth.

In the form of a goddess, Ganga appeared in front of Mahadev with joined hands.

"Hey Mahadev, aapne mujhe apne sheesh pe sthan de mujhe sabhi manovikaro se mukt kar diya. Apne toh mujhe bhi chandrama ke samaan shiromani banadiya." Ganga said.

"Tum pavitra ki shreni mei shresht ho Ganga. Tumhare issi gun ke karan maine tumhe uchit pad aur samman diya hai. Aane wale Yugo mei Ganga ke jal se hi tarpan kiya jayega. Manushyo ke dushkarmo ko tum apne jal se shuddh karti rahogi aur unhe dushprabhavo se mukt karogi. Yeh karya karne ke upraant bhi tumhara shudh acharan aur pavitra bani rahegi." Mahadev blessed.

Ganga bowed to Mahadev and suddenly Narayan and Brahmadev appeared there.

"Hey Mahadev, aapne Ganga ko apne sheesh pe dharan kiya hai, iss liye yeh sansaar ab aapko Gangadhar ke naam se jaanega." Narayan said, Mahadev smiled.

"Aur kyuki Ganga jagkalyan hetu prithvi pe prakat huyi hai Raja Bhagirath ke karan, Devi Ganga ko Bhagirathi ke naam se bhi jani jayegi." Brahmadev said and Ganga bowed to him smiling.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Gangadharaye Shiv Gangadharaye
Har Har Bhole namah shivaye

HAR HAR GANGE ! JAI JAI GANGE !

We all know how massive the flow of Ganga is, those who live in cities alongside the river or have visited the places know how our parents tell us never to step in the river.....

But did you know there was a river whose flow was much more massive than Ganga ?

It was none other than the river Saraswati, which dried out atleast 6000 years ago. Rigveda extensively mentions River Saraswati and calls it a roaring river due to its intense flow and frequent floods.