CHAPTER 5

With Narayan back in Vaikunth by the side of Devi Laxmi, the entire universe had begun to thrive once again. With the asurs gone back to Patal, Prithvilok was now under the control of humans.

One might think, how good can humans who till now have always ruled under the guidance of devtas or have been ruled over by asuras could strive on their own ?

Well the Treta Yug is the era where humans were supposed to take their rightful place on earth and dominate the Bhulok with ways taught by the gods in earlier times.

Great kings ruled in the southern part of Jambudweep, through them it came to be known as Aryavart, the land of nobles. It was the cradle of human civilization and spread far and wide throughout the subcontinent.

But one monarch conquered all the other kings of earth, and brought them under his sway. He was endued with immense energy and his splendour was like blazing fire.

The best among men had great beauty, generosity and all the qualities. On the palm of his hand he had the sign of a chakra, which indicated that he was born to be a Chakravarti Samrat, which he became with unparalleled valor.

Coming events cast their shadows before, the ones who are destined to be great, exhibit it from childhood. And this greatest among kings, used to fight, chase, tame, ride and play with lions, tigers, boars, buffalos and elephants at the just the tender age of six.

Since he subjugated everything at such a young age, people called him Sarvadaman, while the Trilok venerated him with the name Bharat, son of Maharaj Dushyant and Shakuntala.

Aryavart now came to be known as Bharatvarsh. All people sang his glories and so did the courtiers as Chakravarti Samrat Bharat finally sat down on the throne after performing the Ashwamedh Yagya.

 All people sang his glories and so did the courtiers as Chakravarti Samrat Bharat finally sat down on the throne after performing the Ashwamedh Yagya

"CHAKRAVARTI SAMRAT BHARAT KI JAI !" The people hailed.

"Nanashree Kanva, Ashwamedh yagya ko paripurn karne ke liye mai sahastra kamal aapke charno mei arpit karta hu." Bharat said.

"Tumhara Kalyan ho Bharat." Maharishi Kanva blessed.

"Aapke sahayata ke bina yeh yagya nahi hota, iss liye batayiye ki ek chakravarti samrat hone ke naate mera pratham karya kya hona chahiye ?" Bharat asked, wanting his grandfather to guide him to do his first duty as a king.

"Tum ek Raja ho Bharat. Raja shabd banta hai raj se, arthat maati ka kan. Iss liye jo dhara se juda ho woh Raja kehlata hai. Raja ka param kartavya hai praja se juda rehna. Kintu yeh tab tak sambhav nahi jab tak usme ahankar ho. Tum sampoorn Prithvi ke Chakravarti Samrat ho, apar shakti ke saath ahankar bhi aata hai." Maharishi kanva said.

"Ahankar ke kaise bachu Nanashree ?" Bharat asked.

"Samarpan se Bharat." Maharishi Kanva said.

"Kiske prati samapan shresht kehlata hai ?" Bharat asked.

"Manushya apne jeevan mei Kai vyaktiyo ke prati samarpit rehta hai jaise Mata, Pita, Guru athva Rashtra. Kintu sarvashresht samarpan toh ishwar ke charno mei hai. Jab tum swayam ko ishwar ke prati samarpit karloge, aur yeh soch loge ki sab kuch ishwar ka hai, aur tum keval unke das, keval ek madhyam, toh ahankar janm nahi lega." Maharishi Kanva said.

At that Bharat stood up and took a step ahead, a small smile appeared on his face as he knew who to dedicate his entire Kingdom to.

"Tumhari mukh ki muskan bata rahi hai ki tumne nirnaye le liya hai ki tumhe swayam ko aur Bharatvarsh ko kise samarpit karna hai." Maharishi Kanva smiled.

"Jis Devi ki aradhna kar maine sampurn Prithvi ke rajao ko jeet liya, mai uss devi ke prati samarpit hona chahta hu. Apna sampurn samrajya unhe saupna chahta hu. Usi devi ki kripa se maine shashtra chalana sikha, usi devi ke aashirvad se mai Chakravarti Samrat bana, woh devi jo Kshatriyo ka bal hai aur Shashtro ka shrot hai, Devi Yuddh-kaushala." Bharat proclaimed.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

A new avatar of Amarsri coming soon 🌝🌝🌝

By the way.... Raja Bharat was so glorious ! Just look at his deeds from childhood to adulthood -

 Raja Bharat was so glorious ! Just look at his deeds from childhood to adulthood -

Aah ! So glorious ! Like the sun himself !

But it is hard to place Raja Bharat in an accurate timeline.... Like it is said that Yayati was contemporary of Shri Ram perhaps, and he comes before Raja Bharat.

But in Ramayan there is notion of Bharatvarsh. And in Dasrajna Yuddha, which takes place before Ramayan, Raja Sudas is said to be descendant of Raja Bharat..... So it's confusing you see....

But nevertheless, I placed him before Shri Ram U.U