CHAPTER 12

"Jaal dalo ! Shigrah khicho ! Macchli bhagne na paye !" The fisherfolks exclaimed trying to catch fishes in their nets.

A serious expression was on their faces as they sometimes failed while other times succeeded in catching a few. It was a task that needed great perseverance and focus.

But still a young maiden, had a smile on her face as she easily caught many fishes in her net, and swiftly pulled them in her boat.

Happily she rowed her boat to shore and all were amazed as always seeing the amount of fishes caught by her.

"Matsyaa ne aaj punah sabse adhik machhliya pakdi hai !" One fisherwoman said.

"Yeh toh roz ki baat hai. Matsyaa, tum itne macchliya kaise pakad leti ho ?" A fisher man said.

"Pitaji kehte hai ki macchli pakadte samaye Shiv ka naam rato, ekagrata ussi se banti hai. Kyuki Shiv hi ekagrata hai." Matsyaa said.

"Uttam ati uttam putri." Sukarma said as he came towards his daughter with his wife Medhavati.

"Mai prasann hu tumhe apne Pita ke diye sikh smaran hai." Medhavati said.

"Kintu tumne toh mujhe chinta mei daal diya putri." Sukarma said.

"Kyu Pitaji ?" Matsyaa asked.

"Dwidasham (20) ki aayu ho gayi hai tumhari, apne putri ke liye uchit var dhundhne ka samaye aa gaya hai. Kintu aisa var kaha milega jo tumhare roop, gun aur Kushalta ke yogya ho." Sukarma said.

"Swami, humari Matsyaa se vivah karne se koi bhi mana nahi karega." Medhavati said cupping the face of her dear daughter.

"Medhavati, mana toh koi nahi karega kintu var upyukt hona chahiye. Iss liye maine nirnaye liya hai ki humari Matsyaa ka vivah sarvashreshth macchware se hi hoga." Sukarma proclaimed.

Suddenly they heard screaming from the fisherfolks who were still in the water catching fishes. They were trying to catch a whale that had appeared out of nowhere but their plan backfired.

"Timi !? Yaha kaise !?" Sukarma was shocked seeing a whale.

Matsyaa spared no moment in getting back to her boat and rushed to help the fisher folks tame and catch the whale.

Matsyaa threw her net on the whale and tried to catch it but it was too ferocious and strong. The whale wiggled itself out of the net and in the process made her fall down from the boat.

Falling inside the water, Matsyaa's eyes widened seeing the enormous and ferocious whale in front of her. But the whale didn't do anything to her, because in reality was none other than Nandi playing the part in Mahadev's leela.

There was a moment of silence as Matsyaa and the whale looked at eachother, just like how a mother and son gaze in each other's eyes.

"MATSYAA ! MATSYAA !" The fisher folks exclaimed bringing her to her senses.

She was quick to swim back to the shore along with rest of the fisher folks. Medhavati came running and hugged her daughter while Sukarma thanked Mahadev that Matsyaa was safe.

"Sukarma ji, iss Timi ko pakadna asambhav hai !" A fisherman said.

"Kintu yadi hum iss Timi ko nahi pakdenge toh humari aamdani ka kya ? Hum macchliya nahi pakad payenge." A fisher woman said.

"Pakadna toh padega. Humare aamdani ka prashn hai. Jo bhi macchwara iss Timi ko pakdega, woh hi Matsyaa se Vivah karega !" Sukarma said.

"Kintu, koi aage nahi aayega swami. Sab bhayebhit hai uss Timi se." Medhavati said.

"Mai pakdunga uss Timi ko." A voice said.

They all turned around and saw a handsome young fisherman coming towards them, with a net on his shoulders.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Samjhe Mahadev ki leela 🌝🌝