CHAPTER 27

It was a pleasant morning in Chaitanya Lok, Srinav was in the front yard enjoying the cool breeze along with the scent of flowers it brought.

Everything in the lok seemed to be harmonious, from the winds to the trees and even the butterfly that came and sat over his palm.

And it even became more harmonious to him when heard the familiar jingling of anklets. A mischievous idea popped into his mind as he hid behind on of the trees.

"Priye !" Amarsri came out with a happy mood, but frowned seeing that no one was there.

"Mujhe bahar bula ke swayam kaha gaye ?" She muttered.

"Aapke piche !" Srinav exclaimed as he wrapped his hands around her waist and picked her up.

"Aah ! Dev !" Amarsri got startled.

Srinav chuckled putting her down as she turned around and looked at him with a pout.

"Yeh kya kar rahe the aap ?" She asked.

"Apne man ki sun raha tha." He said innocently.

"Toh aapka man aapko yeh sab karne ko kehta hai ?" Amarsri asked raising her brow.

"Man toh kehta hai ki har kshan aapko apne hridaye se laga ke rakhu. Maan lu kya ?" Srinav asked.

She looked at him, and he looked at her. The very next moment they both burst into fits of laughter. But suddenly Amarsri stopped laughing and a frown appeared on her face.

"Kya huya priye ?" Srinav asked noticing her changed expression.

"Pata nahi, man vyakul sa ho utha hai." She said.

"DEVI ! PRABHU !" Indra called out their names running towards them.

They looked at him and Srinav quickly  closed his eyes and turned around, completely disgusted. While Amarsri's eyes widened in horror seeing Indra's entire body was covered with a thousand vulvas.

"Yeh kaisa roop leke aaye hai Devraj !?" Srinav exclaimed, not daring to look at him.

"Kshama kare. Kintu Rishi Gautam ne mujhe shraap diya hai Prabhu." Indra said.

-- FLASHBACK --

Indra entered the hermitage of Rishi Gautam, early in the morning while the sage was gone for his morning rituals.

The king of gods took on the appearance of Rishi Gautam and approached his wife Ahilya, the daughter of Brahmadev who was more beautiful than even Urvashi. Indra had contested to get her hand in marriage but Rishi Gautam won it instead through his intellect.

Approaching Ahilya, he said that he desires and yearns to copulate with her, but assured that he doesn't wish to have any progeny, so she shouldn't fear.

Knowing him to Indra, the one who was seeking her since long, in the guise of her husband Rishi Gautam, she agreed to have intercourse thinking when the King of Gods expresses such a desire, it cannot be refused.

She was gratified to have fulfilled the desire of Indra, and told him to hurry and get going before Rishi Gautam comes back. The delighted king of gods was about to leave when the great sage saw them both.

Both of them got scared, seeing the fuming Rishi Gautam who came to know of their unacceptable deed.

He firstly cursed Indra to lose his manhood and have his entire body be covered in vulvas. And then he cursed Ahilya to turn into a stone for thousands of years to come, consume air alone, and be recumbent in dust, unseen by all beings until the son of Dashrath, by the name of Ram comes.

-- FLASHBACK OVER --

"Aisa Kukritya karke, Chaitanya Lok mei paer kaise rakha devraj !?" Srinav scolded angrily.

"Mujhse bhul ho gayi prabhu, mera uddhar kare !" Indra said.

"Aapne paap Kiya hai Devraj ! Isse Bhul kehke swayam ko nahi bacha sakte aap !" Amarsri said.

"Mai prayashchit karne ko sajj hu devi, mujhe maarg dikhaye !" Indra said.

"Aapka paap akshamya hai, aise kukritya ko kshama karne ki kshamta keval Mahadev ke paas hai. Jayiye aur unki tapasya kijiye !" Amarsri said angrily.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

According to Baal kaand of Valmiki Ramayan, Ahilya was actually aware that it was Indra and not Gautam Rishi.

मुनिवेषं सहस्राक्षं विज्ञाय रघुनंदन |
मतिं चकार दुर्मेधा देवराजकुतूहलात् || १-४८-१९

Oh, Rama, the legatee of Raghu, though knowing him as the Thousand-eyed Indra in the guise of her husband Gautama, she is inclined to have intercourse ill-advisedly, only to satisfy the impassion of the King of Gods.

अथाब्रवीत् सुरश्रेष्ठं कृतार्थेनान्तरात्मना |
कृतार्थास्मि सुरश्रेष्ठ गच्छ शीघ्रमितः प्रभो ||
आत्मानं मां च देवेश सर्वदा रक्ष गौतमात् | १-४८-२०

She felt fulfilled in her heart of hearts and then she said this to that best god Indra, 'I am gratified in complying with your wish, oh, best of gods, get going oh, lord, from here quickly, oh, ruler of gods, always safeguard yourself and me from Sage Gautama.' Thus, Ahalya said to Indra.

KNOWING THIS ONE CANNOT BLAME GAUTAM RISHI ! HIS ANGER WAS JUSTIFIED AND HE CURSED BOTH OF THEM.