B.2 Chapter Thirty-One

I sit in Cabel's office, a blanket wrapped around my shoulders as I lean against him.
"Have you calmed down?" He asks.
I nod, wiping my eyes.
"Yes, I'm sorry I pushed you down." I sigh.
"It didn't hurt at all, but you seemed like you were running for your life. What happened?" Cabel looks back at me, tucking my hair behind my ear.
"I-I woke up with a weird feeling... My chest and head began to hurt, so I decided to go for a walk to cool down. Suddenly I saw my mother behind me... I got scared and started to run, but I felt her chase after me. It felt like she was going to catch me any second. It's probably my hallucination, but it just felt so real." I take a deep breath.
"It's okay, I'm here to protect you. Would you feel better staying in my room?"
I hesitantly nod, slightly glaring at him.
"I wouldn't touch you carelessly, calm down." Cabel scoffs.
I look down at my trembling hands, the fear washing over me again.
"Okay... Is it okay if I can?"
"You don't need permission, you're always welcome in my bed."
My face heats up as he grins teasingly.
"T-That's such a provocative way of saying it!" I exclaim, covering my face with my hands.
"What's to hide? It's not like I haven't seen or touched every inch of you." Cabel gently takes my wrists, pulling my hands away from my face.
"S-Stop! Don't say that!- Mmph!" I'm quickly cut off as his lips push against mine.
His kiss is passionate and forceful, causing butterflies to grow in my stomach.
He pulls away grinning as he looks satisfied.
I feel my face heat up more as I look away embarrassed.
"I've seen everything of you, and yet your embarrassed expression is the most lovely." He snickers, kissing my forehead.
"S-Stop, you're such a bully." I pout.
Cabel smiles kindly, his arms wrapping around me.
"Do you feel better now?" He asks.
I pause surprised, the trembling gone and my anxiousness disappeared.
"I do... Thank you..." I whisper, resting my head against him.
His hand caresses my head as he gently hugs me.
My eyes grow heavy as I lean against him, eventually falling asleep.

I stir in my sleep, waking up to the sun shining into the window.
I sit up, rubbing my eyes.

"Awake?"
I look over to see Cabel sitting on the sofa, sipping tea as he reads a document.
"Yes... I'm sorry for last night..." I mutter, getting out of bed.
"You did cling to me all night, it was rather troublesome." Cabel sighs, over exaggerating.
"I didn't mean to..." I pout embarrassed, moving to sit beside him.
Cabel snickers, wrapping his arm around my shoulders as he pulls me close.
"I never said I didn't like it, now did I?" Cabel gently kisses my forehead.
My face grows warm with his sudden affection.
I can't help but cuddle against him more, feeling his warm body against mine.
"Have you decided on a birthday present?" Cabel asks.
"Not really... Hm... What about a trip?" I say.
"A trip?"
"Yes. Gifts such as jewels, and accessories are pointless when I already have so much. So how about a trip for the two of us? We can make more memories, and get to know each other more."
"Hm?" Cabel smiles pleased, "Is this a trip you wish to take because you want to make memories, or is there a hidden incentive?"
"Well... You've been working so hard lately, and I want to make sure you can have some time off."
"How coy. We could only go for a week or two though. Is there anywhere you wish to go?"
"Hm... Somewhere pretty and quiet." I smile, holding his hand.
"What about my summer estate? It has private lakes, lots of nature, and is far from the town so it's relatively quiet."
"Yes, that sounds wonderful! Will it be okay to go?"
"I'll have it arranged, but that means we won't be able to spend as much time together until then. I need to finish my work before we go."
"That's okay! I'll just spend time with Esmerelda until then." I smile.
"As long as you don't feel lonely." Cabel hugs me close, gently kissing my neck.

"Cethin!" I call out, walking onto the training field.
Knights train, instructed by Cethin, Jax, and Petunia.
The knights bow as they notice me.
I smile, waving to them.
Cethin turns, walking over to me.
"Continue with your training." Cethin speaks up to the knights. "Chicky? What are you doing here?"
"I need your help."
"For what?"
"This week we'll be going on a undercover mission together." I whisper.
Cethin stares baffled.
He holds my wrist gently, pulling me away from the knights.
"What do you mean?" He whispers.
"The lapis mine incident. I need your help visiting the patients before I go on the trip."
Cethin's eyes widen, surprised.
"You still want to go?" He asks.
"Yes. I can sneak in and heal them, but I need you to come so I can do it without being seen. Cabel's worried about my condition still, but I feel fine and this is something I know I need to do."
Cethin takes a deep breath.
"Fine. If we get caught, I'm not taking the blame."
"I wouldn't expect you to. If we do, just say I used my authority as the future empress to command you."
"Alright, fine. I'll find a day that'll be best for us to go."
"Thank you Cethin." I smile, bowing my head.
"Yeah, yeah, get out of here. We look suspicious."
"Alright, have fun training!" I wave, walking back to the palace.