B.2 Chapter Thirty

I stretch in the training field, the spring breeze blowing gently through the grass.
An unsettling feeling grows in my chest as I stare at the sky.
"I wonder why I feel this way?..." I whisper, taking a deep breath.
"You done?" Cethin calls out.
I stand, brushing the dirt off my pants.
"Yes, sir. What are we doing for training?" I ask, eager to train.
"Let's go for a jog." Cethin grins.

We run through the forest surrounding the palace grounds.
I admire the sun shining through the leaves. Cethin begins to slow down, wiping the sweat off his brow.
He turns to me, leaning against a tree.
"So, you wanna tell me what's up with that sister of yours?" He asks.
I tilt my head, confused.
"What do you mean? Like how she got here?" I reply.
"No... I don't know, I'm probably being paranoid, but I can't get a read on her."
"For her soul?"
"Yeah. Like I said before, it's hard to read souls of people who are super weak, but it's almost like she had nothing... It was empty and felt... Sinister somehow."
"Is that why you were acting strangely last night?"
"I wasn't trying to. I just realized I could only feel mine, Petunia's, and your soul, but not hers..."
"I mean she's a little girl who's health is weakened, and she hasn't unlocked any power or ability. She could just have a weaker soul due to her age." I shrug, thinking to myself.
"Yeah, I guess she's still young. How long do you think she'll stay here for?"
"She's only eleven, so I doubt she can move out anytime soon. She'll probably stay indefinitely."
"I see... Maybe we should teach her, and have someone shadow her too. A young sister of the empress could be targeted for blackmail."
"I guess we should talk to Cabel about it. I'll have a word with him later then."

We head back to the palace, maids handing us towels as well as drinks to cool off.
"I'll see you later then." I speak to Cethin, placing my glass back on a maids tray.
"Alright, Chicky. Talk to his highness-"
Cethin is cut off as a sweet voice calls out.

"Sister, Cethin!"
We turn to see Esmerelda.
My eyes widen as I look back at her.
Her height slightly increased as well as her breasts.
Cethin and I can't help but stare shocked at Esmerelda's growth spurt.
"Esmerelda?" I call out, remaining calm.
"Sister, will we be having dinner together?" She asks, hugging me.
"Yes, o-of course. I'm going to freshen up first though." I smile, petting her head.
Her height before came up to my ribs, but now reaches my neck.
"Uh, okay, so I'll see you guys later. I'm off." Cethin waves, leaving.
"A-Alright, goodbye! Esmerelda, why don't you have a maid escort you around the garden? The flowers are beautiful right now."
"It's okay! I can go alone." She smiles brightly.
I chuckle and smile at her sweet face, petting her head.
"Okay, don't wander off too far. I'll come find you after I'm finished."
"Okay!" Esmerelda runs down the hall as she waves.
I turn to walk towards my bedroom, shocked of her growth.

I sit at the vanity, maids doing my hair and makeup as I stare at my lap.

'I suppose she could grow that much, but I don't know how much kids grow... Maybe I should call a doctor to check her health.'
I think to myself, confused.
"My lady?" Magnolia calls out.
"Yes?"
"Are you alright?"
"Hm... How much do young ladies grow?" I ask.
"Grow? Um... Does this have anything to do with your sister?"
"It does. I don't know the proper amount someone's supposed to grow though." I shrug.
I remember how I looked when I was her age, but my case was different. Being malnourished most my life, stunted my growth which doesn't give me an exact proper height for children to be.
"I think it should be fine, young ladies begin to grow from different periods... Although, it is rather rapid in her case."
"I see. Please keep an eye on her. If this is just her growing up, she might feel uncomfortable and eventually need a doctor."
"Yes, my lady." Magnolia smiles kindly.

I stir in my sleep, tossing and turning until a deep raspy breath tickles my ear.
Startled, I sit up, unable to continue sleeping due to an odd sensation weighing over me.
I place my hand on my heart taking a deep breath.
My heart pounds rapidly as a wave of anxiousness hits me, growing stronger each passing second.
"What is this?" I whisper, my body breaking out into a cold sweat as a pain enters my chest.
I lean forward, resting my head against my knees as I fight through the pain.
A nightmare suddenly comes to me.
A ringing in my head, broken memories of distant screams, and abuse fill my mind.
My body lights up in a warm gold light, the pain quickly disappearing along with the nightmare. The throbbing pain and cold sweat disappearing too as I feel my powers heal myself.
"What was that?" I mutter, staring around the room.
I place my hand on my bed as I move to get up, yet under my hand I feel something cold.
I look down to see a lapis crystal on my bed, picking it up to stare at it.
"Why is this here?..." I whisper, staring at the blue crystal.
I notice a crack running through the crystal as I hold it up to the window, the moonlight illuminating it.
I place it in a drawer not thinking much about it as an uneasy feeling weighs over me.
Sliding on my robe, I leave my room with a lit lantern.

The dim dark hallways stretch on forever it seems.
Another raspy breath appears behind me.
I turn to see the darkness that follows me.
My eyes widen as I look down the eerie hallways.
Queen Leveanne's face coming into view from the shadows.
A raspy breath comes again as her figure steps out of the shadows, slowly approaching me.
I quickly turn, running down the hallway.
The cold chilling sensation growing closer and closer.
I run as fast as I can, feeling the presence of her hand reaching out to me.
Instantly, a door opens ahead of me.
I attempt to slow down as a tall figure steps out of the room, but run into them.
"Ah!" I yelp, my body thrown into them as we fall.
"Ow- Ah! I-I'm sorry! Are you okay?" I exclaim, realizing I'm on top of them.
Their face is illuminated by the light coming from the room.
I look down to see Cabel.
"Luna?" He stares back at me, surprised.
"C-Cabel?..."
I jump, quickly turning around to look down the hall to see Queen Leveanne's figure gone.
"Why are you up so late?" Cabel calls out, sitting up slightly.
I flinch as I feel his hand rest against my cheek. I look back at him as my body begins trembling.
"I-I was just going for a walk..." I speak up, my tears instantly dripping down my face.
I wipe my eyes, frozen in shock as the adrenaline wears off.
He holds me, bringing me close to his chest as he sits up. His hand petting my head as he gently holds me.

The Emperor's ConcubineOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara