Chapter Fourteen

"My lady! We must hurry, all of the other ladies of the golden palace have left." Magnolia rushes, looking for accessories and shoes.
A hired beautician styles my hair, while another applies my makeup.

"Maggie, don't worry. It's not starting soon." I chuckle, watching her panic as she gathers the jewelry.
"Yes, but my lady, it's your first appearance!" Magnolia worries, quickly helping to put on a pair of crystal heels, encrusted with small diamonds.
"If his highness is as cruel as they say, you can't be late!" Magnolia sighs.
"Maggie, those are only rumours. You and I, have never met or seen his highness before." I giggle, watching Magnolia act more energetic than I've seen.

The beauticians finish, and I look in the mirror.
My hair is styled elegantly into a loose curls. A beautician quickly places the matching dangling headpiece on, pinning a section of my bangs back.

"Wow, Lady Luna, you look beautiful!" Magnolia admires in awe.
I stare in the mirror to see my outfit.
The gold detailed gown flows elegantly. My makeup glows with a simple pink shimmery eye shadow, along with a rose lip gloss.
I stare into the mirror surprised.
"You two, thank you for helping me get ready." I smile kindly, admiring my hair and makeup.
The beauticians bow and thank me, assisting me to put on a long white, fur trim coat.

I sit in the carriage watching the snow gently fall down, making the roads and fields a bright glistening winter land.
Taking a deep breath, I admire the outside.
"I hope Hayden's well..." I whisper under my breath.

Escorted through the royal palace, I stare in awe at the large ceilings, held up with marbled gold pillars. The floor is designed with a mural encased into the floor. The large gold framed windows lit up from the reflection of the outside snow.
I make eye contact with other guests dressed formally, quickly averting my eyes as I grow overwhelmed by the strangers stares.

"Lady Luna!"
I turn to see Lance walk up to me, formally dressed in a black suit, accented with a white pocket handkerchief.
"Lance, good evening." I smile, giving him a curtsy.
Lance smiles kindly.
"You look beautiful, Lady Luna! I'm sure you'll be more beautiful than the other ladies of the golden palace."
"You're too kind, but the other ladies are far more beautiful. Though I must thank you, this gown you gave me is gorgeous beyond belief."
"I'm sure it's beautiful because of the wearer. Oh! The emperor is in the ballroom already, so are the other ladies of the golden palace. I'll quickly escort you to the ladies before the nobles are announced."

I follow Lance as we rush through the halls.
We enter through the grand ballroom doors to a sea of guests in an extravagantly large ballroom.