B.2 Chapter Seventy-Nine

"Ah, Cabel!" I call out, flinching as I pant.
"Shh, not so loud my dear wife." Cabel whispers, grinning as he looks back at me.
I sit on a table in a parlour room, the doors locked.
Cabel's fingers toying with me as he kisses my neck.
"W-We need to go greet the guests!" I exclaim, "C-Cabel, we have the parade too!"
"That's for public amusement. Shouldn't we enjoy our own amusement first as a newly wed couple?" He ignores my excuses, continuing to kiss me.
"Ah! W-We have tonight, and our honeymoon! W-We need to follow our schedule!" I flinch, out of breath as I cling onto him.
"We will, as long as I know you're pleased." He whispers, biting my skin.

I sigh, sitting in a chair as Magnolia fixes my makeup.
"Your highness, your majesty, congratulations!" Magnolia smiles.
Cabel sits on the sofa behind me, sipping champagne.
"Thank you." Cabel smiles, pleased.
I roll my eyes, flushed as I remember the moment that happened minutes ago.

Looking for us, Lance interrupted as he knocked on the door.
Magnolia accompanied him, trying to find me to touch up my makeup.

"Oh, Maggie, would you put my bouquet in the bedroom? I want to keep it safe."
"Of course, your majesty!" Magnolia curtsies.
I watch as she runs out of the room.
"I don't think I'll ever get used to being addressed as that." I giggle, shaking my head.
"You'll have to grow used to it. There are people who'll refuse to address to you as anything else." Cabel grins, gazing at me as I look back at him through the mirror.
"I guess..." I take a deep breath.
"Are you okay?" He asks, concerned.
"Yes, I'm just nervous for the parade. I've seen the districts, but I haven't been introduced publicly before. I haven't had a coming of age ceremony before either, so a kingdom, let alone a whole empire meeting me is scary."
"You should focus on how there'll be citizens from other kingdoms here to see you too."
I turn, glaring at him.
"That does not make me feel better." I glare, scoffing.
He stands, smiling.
"My dear wife, don't fret is what I mean. Does the amount of people matter? You were nervous for our ball, and you're nervous for a parade where no one will even speak to you. Plus, anyone who dares to look at you poorly will have to deal with me." Cabel kisses my forehead.
"You always seem to know what to say." I giggle, holding his hand.
"Of course I do. You married me for my wits, did you not?" He leans down again, his face close to mine.
"No... I married you because you're you. The wits are an added bonus." I giggle, touching our noses together.
He holds out his champagne glass.
"Care for a sip?" He asks.
I pause, thinking to myself. I gulp giving a small nod.
"Okay, but only a small one. We shouldn't be drinking too much before the ball." I smile.
He nods, taking a sip of the champagne.
Instantly his lips press against mine.
His hand on my chin, forcing my mouth open as I feel the cold champagne flow into my mouth from his.
I pull back, stunned as I swallow.
"C-Cabel!" I exclaim, covering my mouth.
"If we drink like this, we'll be drinking less, won't we?" He grins, kissing my forehead.
"Your logic is flawed. No more doing that!" I exclaim, embarrassed.
"If my wife asks so nicely, how can I refuse?" He kisses my cheek, sitting beside me.

We sit in a white open carriage, decorated with the same white flowers from the chapel.
Cabel holds my hand, kissing it.
"Nervous?" He asks.
"Very." I take a deep breath.
"Shall I call off the parade?" Cabel whispers sincerely.
I look back at his worried eyes, shaking my head.
"No... I have you by my side, I'll be fine." I smile, kissing him.
He smiles, tightening his hand around mine.
He signals to the coachman. Knights on horses, along with a carriage taking off with the marquess's family and duke follow behind us.
Music plays as the carriage enters the high district.

My eyes widen as I look at the smiling citizens who throw dry rice and flower petals into the air.
Cabel and I wave at the citizens. Cabel holds my hand, tugging me.
I turn, confused.
"They're waiting." He speaks.
"Waiting?"
He stands up, pulling me into him.
Before I know it he kisses me.
I hear as the citizens grow louder, cheering. I place my hands against Cabel's shoulders, surprised.
I pull away, staring back at him.
"Cabel!" I exclaim.
"I've been wanting to kiss you like that, ever since we were interrupted earlier." Cabel flashes a confident smile.
I blush, looking away.
We sit down, waving at the crowd who cheers for us.
We slowly move through the districts, my eyes widening as I make eye contact with someone in the crowd.
I smile as I see Jeremy with his wife, holding a newborn baby. Jeremy's eyes widen as he looks at me.
My smile grows larger as I wave to him.
He waves back, surprised.
I mouth the words congratulations to him as I point to his newborn. He smiles, mouthing back the words thank you.

The parade comes to an end.
I sit in a dressing room being prepared for the ball.
My large gown for the wedding taken off as I'm changed into a smaller gown with draped, off the shoulder sleeves.
I stare at my hand, the engagement ring and wedding band glimmering under the chandelier light.
My hair is styled down, the crown pinned into my hair.
I gulp, staring at the crown.
"Your majesty? Are you okay?" Lucia asks, glancing up as she fixes the skirt of my gown.
"Oh... Yes... I just haven't ever worn one of these before..." I smile, staring at the crown on my head in the mirror.
Lucia and Maria smile.
"Your majesty... It suits you very well." Maria speaks up, smiling.
"Thank you... Are we finished here?" I ask.
"Yes, your majesty." Lucia smiles, standing back.
"Could I just be alone for now? I need a moment to calm my nerves." I smile, sipping my water.
"Of course, your majesty." They smile, bowing as they leave.
I sit alone in the dressing room, standing as I pace the room.

The window knocks.
I jump turning to see Deimos.
I open the window.
"Deimos? What are you doing here? The ball isn't starting yet." I ask, stepping aside to let him in.
"Sister... Do you remember our soul contract?" He asks.
"Of course, why?"
"My soul has morphed with yours and so I can sense disturbances that happen. If you're mana weakens, or if you're injured, I can feel it..."
"Is something wrong?..."
"... I feel a disturbance in the soul..."
"A disturbance?"
Deimos's golden eyes pierce back at me.
I gulp, realizing the meaning to his suspicious behaviour.
My stomach drops, growing dizzy.
"Sister... Are you with child?" He asks.
He looks back at me with knowing eyes that seem to easily read me.