Author's Note

Thank you so so much to everyone who's read and supported 'The Emperor's Concubine'!

I can't bring to words how touching it is, that so many readers have saved, voted, read, and commented on my story.
To put it into 'better' words, this story is and has been my baby for years. Seeing others supporting my 'child' gives me that motherly, proud feeling.
I began writing this story back in 2017. It was a very long time ago yes, but in 2017 I remember writing it for fun.
That's all my writing would be, I just liked writing for fun to read stories I would enjoy reading, and what better way than to write a story I know I'd love.
I wrote, planned, and eventually I realized I wanted more from it.
It made me so happy writing for myself, but I wanted to share this story because what if there could be others who'd like it too?
TEC is graphic and has sensitive topics, but I tried my best to write it in a way that'd actually show and almost bring attention to some of these things.
Almost everyone goes through something traumatic, and I wanted this to be a comfort story for it.
Aside from the fantasy, characters went through traumatic events that affected them, just like our real world.
In shows and books, it depicts the hardship, but it doesn't show the progress of growing. That's what I wanted, I wanted to write about growth and show comfort in the slow journey of growing.
It isn't that serious, I don't expect my story to save people, it's a fun fantasy action romance anyways.
However, personally seeing a character in a novel or show, be given hardships, but their growth of trying to re-invent themselves is one thing I love.
I love seeing friends and family around me grow, I love to see my own growth, and to see it in a character's is comforting.
I'm so thankful for everyone who's supported my story, I hope you enjoyed reading it.
There are still a lot of things I need to improve, I don't believe I wrote a 'masterpiece', I believe I wrote something made with 100% of my effort, and I'm extremely proud of that.

'The Emperor's Concubine' may be ending, but not really (lol).
'The Emperor's Concubine' will have another book, filled with side stories!
Ending the main story at the wedding seemed to be the perfect place.
However because of another project, and because if there are readers who enjoy 'The Emperor's Concubine', I wanted to be able to write about 'what happens after'.
The other project I have, I find it necessary to have side stories written for it too.

The project I'm working on, based from 'TEC' is finally in the works for me to be able to announce!
I've announced this on my page, but;

'The Emperor's Concubine' will be made into a WEBTOON!

I'm drawing it myself, and writing the script so it may take a while, but hopefully it will be released onto Webtoon Canvas by Summer 2022!
I love Webtoons, and I love when authors and artists add side stories.
It gives me more closure compared to finishing it at the main story. I also love side stories because it shows romances and stories about other favourite characters!
The side stories will have multiple different stories, and focus on separate characters and not only on the protagonists!
The side stories will also tie together details I wrote into the main story. They aren't major details, but I found it added mystery by adding them into the main, and finishing them in the side stories.

Anyways, moving onto the main point.
This is the end for 'The Emperor's Concubine'!
Thank you so much for reading it, and I hope you enjoyed it!
Please follow me if you'd like to know when I publish the side stories for 'TEC', and whenever I publish other stories I've written!
Thank you so much for your love and support, I can't thank you enough <3

Thank you, THANK YOU!
-With SO much love, Jihyun. C. Lee <3

Follow me on social media!⬇️⬇️

Instagram
Jihyun.C.Lee
https://www.instagram.com/jihyun.c.lee/

Youtube
Jihyun Lee
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCC8T154FPPPEQWCgLY9Ring