B.2 Chapter Fifty-Five

Petunia returns after the sun has set.
"Cethin and Riddle should be on the way now. Let's change. As soon as they come, we'll need to leave." Petunia speaks, removing her face mask.
She grabs the uniforms from under the bed.
She hands me a uniform that'll fit me. I change behind a room separator, pinning my hair up.
"Are you finished?" Petunia asks.
I walk out from behind the room separator, fixing the turtleneck of the black uniform.
"Does it fit well?" Petunia asks.
"Yeah, it's actually really comfortable."
"Good. The others should be here soon, where's the map?"
I pull out the map, showing it to her.
"It'll be a long journey... We'll have to minimize breaks. Will you be able to do it?" Petunia asks.
"I should be fine, you don't need to worry about me. I did have training from the best assassins ever, so I think my stamina should be fine for it."
Petunia smiles slightly, nodding.
"Okay, if you're too uncomfortable on the journey there, just say so. We have to hike and scour the mountain even when we get there, so make sure you have enough energy."
"Don't worry, I'll be able to handle it. If you guys are uncomfortable too, you got me to use too." I nod, grinning as I cheekily emit my powers from my hand.
Petunia giggles, tying back her hair.

Cethin and Riddle soon return, quickly changing.
"Alright, I'll take your bag and head over first." Cethin swings my bag over his shoulder.
"Riddle, you'll need to go with her. I'll be the lookout." Petunia speaks, lifting her face mask.
The rest of us lift our face masks up.
Petunia reaches into her bag, pulling out a gun metal headgear.
"Here." She speaks, handing me it, "Your hair is bright so it'll be easily seen. It might be a bit stuffy, but you just need to bear with it till we pass the palace grounds."
"I won't mind. Thank you." I smile, receiving it.
I slide the metal headgear on, tucking my hair in.
"Alright, let's do this!" Cethin exclaims, excited.
He looks out the window first, before jumping through it.
We follow him, quietly sneaking through the garden, hiding behind the bushes.
We quickly reach the wall, unseen by warriors on guard and maids walking around.
"Alright, we'll jump the wall here. The trees are blocking us from warriors nearby." Petunia lowly whispers.
We nod, watching Cethin adjust the bag on his shoulder.
He stretches, looking around.
He swiftly jumps up onto a tree branch, flinging himself to scale up the wall enough to grab onto the wall ledge; flinging himself over.
I gulp, growing anxious as I look up at the tall wall.
Riddle looks over at me, holding his hand out.
"I got you, you'll be okay." He calmly speaks, grinning.
I nod, placing my hand over his.
A strong gust of wind blows through the garden, shaking the bushes and trees.
Riddle looks back at Petunia who nods, giving us the signal to go. The wind grows stronger as I feel it envelope around my legs, picking me up.
Riddle stands still as the wind levitates him. He steadies me as I grow shaky from being unstable.
"You're okay." Riddle whispers.
I take a deep breath, holding onto him.
The wind lifts us up.
Petunia instantly signals, clicking her tongue as she jumps up into the tree, hiding in the leaves.
Riddle pulls us into the tree, steadying me as we land on a tree branch. Petunia and Riddle signal to be quiet, the suspense growing over me.
I hold my breath as the rustling of grass grows closer. Riddle holds his hand out, causing the wind to grow stronger.
The leaves rustle, blowing through the garden.

"Ah-"
A voice calls out, taken aback by the gust of wind.
The wind grabs my feet, causing me to stumble.
I fall, instantly grabbing onto the tree branch as I hang.

"Ah! W-Who are you?"
I look down surprised.
I look to see Ming, her expression filled with fear.
"Ming?" I whisper.
"Guards!" She yells.
I jump down, covering her mouth.
"Mmph!" She tries screaming but is muffled through my hand.
"Ming! It's me, Luna!" I exclaim quietly, removing my headgear.
She looks back at me surprised.
I uncover her mouth.
Suddenly, she drops to the ground.
"L-Luna! You gave me a heart attack! What do you think you're doing?" She exclaims.
"Ming, I'm sorry, but I need to go." I kneel, holding her hands.
"Go?... Luna... Are you going to look for Shen-Ling?" She whispers.
I nod slightly.
"Luna... You can't-"
"I need to..." I cut her off, giving her a solemn smile, "Cabel is in danger. I can't pretend it'll be okay anymore, and I can't leave this in the hands of others. I need to save him, and there isn't much time. You saw the invitation, didn't you?"
She nods, clenching her fists.
"The wedding is soon, and I don't know why the marriage is necessary, but it's rushed. Something in me is telling me I need to help him, so I need to go..."
Ming's eyes fill with tears.
"Luna, you could die trying to find Shen-Ling, even stepping foot inside Siwang Shan is a death sentence. We'll help you, you'll be safe, but you need to stay here!-" She sobs quietly, pleading to me.
I smile, shaking my head.
"Cabel risked his life countless of times, just to save me... I can't sit back... I don't want to be someone who needs saving, and I'm not someone who'll stand by and watch my loved ones in danger. Everyone has shown so much care and love for me, and I will always be grateful for it, but I can't be someone who hides when things get difficult. From the start, everyone's told me to just get somewhere safe, and that they'll deal with it but I'm tired of it... It's out of concern, but I'm tired of being looked at like a fragile piece of glass... I don't care if it's difficult, I don't care about the burden I'll carry, and I certainly don't care about death, especially if it means trying to save people I love... My instinct is telling me I need to save Cabel, no matter the cost and so I need to do this. I'm sorry..." I wipe Ming's tears, kissing her forehead, "You've helped me so much, and I will always love you and Canella for being here for me, but I can't hide anymore. I'm not weak, and I can't be ignorant when I know lives are at risk... I need to go... If you trust me, don't stop me."
I hear distant rustling and voices of warriors and maids.
I stand, looking back at Ming with a large smile.
"I hope we can meet again... But if we don't, please remember my death is not in vain, if it means I tried my best to save the ones I care about..."
Ming's hands release mine as she clutches her hands, nodding as she stays quiet.
"Thank you for loving me, and helping me in my time of need... But I have to go..." I whisper.
I place my headgear back on, jumping up the tree.
Riddle waits for me, taking my hand as he pulls me up to him.
A strong winds picks us up again, flying us over the wall.