Chapter Eighty-Five

I stand getting dressed again.
I sigh as I haven't seen Cabel since yesterday.
"Forgive me, my lady, we'll be finished with the alteration soon." Lucia smiles, sewing the gown I'm in.
"It's alright, you're working hard for my sake so go your own pace." I smile back.
"My lady, I'm going to apply some oils to your hands." Jane smiles, massaging my hands gently.
"To think we get to work with such a beautiful empress!" Maria exclaims, squealing as she fixes the sleeves of the gown.
I stare at the nude coloured gown with gold leaves and flower details covering the large ball gown skirt. An over bust corset, outlining my waist with gold sparkling details at the edges.
"Like I said, it hasn't been decided if I'll be empress." I giggle watching their cute reactions.
"But it's easy to tell you'll be the empress. To think I'm dressing the future empress!" Lucia squeals, fluffing the skirt of the gown.
"It's very optimistic to think like that." I shrug, snickering.

My hair is softly curled with a large braided crown around my head.
A dangling gold head piece is pinned into my hair, along with natural elegant makeup done.
"You look beautiful everyday, but this tops the cake!" Mila exclaims, gripping her makeup brushes.
"My lady, you look stunning as always!" Magnolia exclaims, admiring the gown.
"Enough with the flattery. You've all flattered me too much." I shake my head, giggling.
"It's the truth though! You'll be the most beautiful empress the world has seen!" Lucia smiles, proud of the gown.
"Beauty comes in many shapes and forms, it's too vast to call me the most beautiful in the world. I appreciate the compliment though."
"Come, we need to leave her to rest! I'll inform Mr. Lance you've finished getting ready!" Maria pushes the maids and the other seamstress out of the room.
I nod and smile.
"Thank you." I sit down on the couch, staring out the window.
The garden filled with blooming flowers, lit by the sunset dripping with pinks and oranges.

I read a book as I wait.
The door knocks.
"My lady? It's Lance, may I come in?" Lance calls out.
"Yes, come in." I reply, standing up.
Lance opens the door and smiles as he looks at the dress.
"You look perfect!" He exclaims.
"Thank you. Is this Cabel's grandmother's dress too?"
"No, my lady. I purchased this gown a while ago for you. I ordered a few dresses for the spring ball for you, but unfortunately when you left I had it sent to storage. It took the help almost all day and night yesterday to find it."
"You didn't need to go through all that effort." I giggle as I watch his excited eyes.
"Of course we did! His highness will be pleased too. I've also ordered some more gowns for you. We got back your belongings from his grace's estate, but his highness wanted you to have new clothes."
"That was very kind of him. Although his kindness seems to be mixed with jealousy." I walk to the door, leaving to the hallway.
"Er... His highness may have mentioned one or two words about how he didn't want you wearing clothes that shared the same air as him..."
I can't help but giggle as Lance shows a funny expression, remembering his conversation.
"It's a bit endearing he's this jealous, but from now on no more ordering clothing that I don't need. It's a waste of resources and money."
"I wish I could do something to stop, but it's a bit difficult when his highness is the one ordering it."
"Would he listen if I told him to stop then?"
"I doubt it, but I know he would want to make you happy so he probably would listen."
I walk with Lance down the palace hallways. He escorts me towards Cabel's office.

A voice calls out as we turn a corner.

"Is that Lady Luna?"
We look to see Princess Levita standing there, a fan covering her mouth and nose as she walks with two other ladies.
"Princess Levita." I bow my head, curtsying.
"Hm, I see you're with the butler. Such a shame you're not dressed in a maid's uniform, you'd make a cute couple." She scoffs, fanning herself.
"Princess Levita, we'll meet you in the banquet hall, we're currently in a rush." Lance bows, calmly stating.
"I see. Take care." The three ladies walk by us, "Don't trip on your tail, concubine."
Princess Levita whispers as she passes by me.
I bite my lip and smile as I watch them leave.
"Lady Luna?" Lance looks at me.
"Let us be on our way." I smile, shaking off my frustrations.