B.2 Chapter Thirteen

Emperor Cabel stands with Marquess Simone, and Lord Christopher as they sip their drinks.
Marchioness Adara gleefully speaks with other ladies as they adore and compliment Lady Dulcie.

"Hm, seems as though your daughter is praised highly." Emperor Cabel snickers watching Lady Adara being given compliments.
"Yes, it seems so." Marquess Simone sighs, downing the rest of his champagne.
Lord Christopher's eyes scan his father's expression, a look of stress lingering on the marquess.
"Father?" Lord Christopher quietly speaks, "Are you alright?"
"Yes, just tired it seems... Would you mind checking on your sister? There seems to be a rather large crowd around her and Lady Luna." Marquess Simone directs his eyes to the group of girls surrounding Lady Dulcie and Lady Luna.
"Of course, father." Lord Christopher bows, walking to the direction of the crowd.
"What's preying at your mind, marquess?" Emperor Cabel asks, sipping his drink.
"Our Dulcie is still young, but she's nearing the age to receive proposals... I'd rather lose my title as marquess, than allow anyone to ask for her hand." Marquess Simone scowls, glaring at the boys who whisper amongst themselves as they look over at Lady Dulcie.
"Is that supposed to mean, you won't allow any suitors for her?"
"Who's to say. I love the marchioness dearly, but we were arranged to wed... It was luck that we fell in love. However, most aren't lucky enough to find love through an arranged meeting. I'd rather not let Dulcie marry someone who'll become abusive or a womanizer."
"Not all arranged marriages end like that." Emperor Cabel raises a brow.
"Not all, but a majority can. A daughter of a high ranking noble? Everyone who's known as a noble, regardless of status, will act upon this chance to get their sons engaged to the marquess's daughter."
"Just ignore those invitations."
"If only it were that easy. His highness might have to worry about such things in the future too."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"You could have a daughter. A daughter who'll have the charm and looks from both you, and Lady Luna. Have you not realized she'll be the most sought out bride, in all the kingdoms and empires across the continents?"
Emperor Cabel pauses, his eyes widening as they glow with anger.
"Bride? She's my daughter." Emperor Cabel murderously stares at the boys who stand and talk with each other.
"Pfft. Your highness, this is all far in the future." Marquess Simone chuckles, trying to ease the emperor's mind.
"Is it though?"
Marquess Simone pauses, confused.
"Our first born child could be a girl, and we could have a child soon. One thing is certain, the moment my child is born, it will be announced as a princess or prince. If Luna and I bear a daughter, she'll be announced and from the day word spreads about her, invitations will be sent asking for her hand in marriage." Emperor Cabel watches Luna smile as she speaks with the children around her.
"Your highness, it's hard to face the truth but it's in our best interests as a parent, to allow our children to reject the proposals themselves. Thankfully with you as the father, no one would dare try to incur your wrath. But unfortunately, the day will come when children will wish to marry someone they love. That's just the burden a parent will need to accept."
"I suppose... Hm, I pity you, marquess." Emperor Cabel smirks.
"Why's that, your highness?"
"Seems as though your worries, soon might come true." Emperor Cabel points with his jaw to the crowd.
Lady Dulcie and a young man speak.
She giggles as they talk, her cheeks slightly flushed with a light pink tone.
Marquess Simone's eyes widen with rage.
"Marquess, calm yourself." Emperor Cabel snickers.
"That-That... That bastard! How dare he try to seduce her! Excuse me, your highness, I have to save my daughter!" Marquess Simone steps forward to march up to the two.
Emperor Cabel holds his hand up, stopping him.
"I believe that anger of yours can rest." Emperor Cabel watches on.
Lord Christopher storms up to Lady Dulcie, intercepting the conversation.
The boy bows his head nervously as Lord Christopher glares, before taking Dulcie's hand and dragging her to the drink's table.
Marquess Simone takes a breath of relief, calming down.
"What a pity. I had hoped to see you unleash that rage of yours." Emperor Cabel grins.
"I could say the same for you, your highness." Marquess Simone fixes his coat.
"Who knows, if my daughter was hit on by a womanizer in front of my eyes, you'd see an execution rather than scolding."
"Your highness, I don't believe Lady Luna would agree with that method."
"She definitely would not. I wouldn't want my children to see such a thing either." Emperor Cabel scoffs.
"They'd be scarred. I would advise to leave that, until there are no witnesses." Marquess Simone whispers, a small smile on his lips.
"How wise." Emperor Cabel grins, snickering.
Emperor Cabel lifts his hand to sip his drink, until he's interrupted.

"Lady Luna has disappeared!" A royal guard shouts.
He runs into the banquet hall, rushing to Emperor Cabel.
"What?" Emperor Cabel drops his glass.
The sound of the glass smashing against the floor, echoes through the banquet hall as Emperor Cabel runs with Marquess Simone.
Whispers of worry and confusion arise, as royal guards and the knights of the marquess contain everyone inside the banquet hall.