B.2 Chapter Seventy

I sit with Lance as he goes over the wedding details.
"This is the location of the ceremony. Unfortunately with every royal wedding, it's tradition for a parade to be held to introduce the 'new rulers'. Most royals have a parade in order to show the future king and queen, but since his highness has been in the throne for years, this parade will be a celebration to show the new empress, and to rejoice in the arrival of having two rulers." Lance smiles, proudly looking at the list of detailed plans.
"I understand, I have no problem with it." I smile, giddy as I look at the plans.
"In the evening, a ball will be thrown with close guests who are family and friends of the royals. This is the list of those who are invited to the ceremony, and this one is the guest list for the ball." Lance places the lists in front of me.
I look down the list and nod.
"I have no issues with it." I smile.
"Yes, my lady. Do you have anyone else you would like to invite?" He asks.
I pause thinking.
"Ah." I mumble, realizing.
"What is it, my lady?" He asks.
"I... I need to find someone." I speak.
"Who is it?"
"Well... It's my maid from Avris. Her name is Sylvan, but she raised me in the place of my mother... I would like it if she came."
"I see... Was she executed?" Lance asks.
I shrug.
"Unfortunately I have no way of knowing... She could have been if she was in the castle that day, but I doubt she would have stayed if I went missing." I smile, taking a deep breath.
Lance nods.
"Does she have a last name?" He asks.
"I'm not sure... I believe she was a commoner, because I've never heard her family name."
"I'll check the past documents for her name, but it might be difficult to find if she has no heritage I can trace." He speaks, giving an apologetic expression.
I shake my head.
"It's okay if you can't find her. It isn't a big deal." I sit up straight, looking at the documents, "So, about the guest list."
I move on from the conversation, noticing Lance grow worried and determined.
We talk more about the wedding plans as I ignore a small feeling of sadness in my chest.

I sit alone in my room, thinking to myself.

'Sylvan's intelligent... She even talked about running away when I turned eighteen and once I ran away too... But she would have found the jewels in the same place I hid them, and would have realized I didn't run away...'
I think to myself, ruminating on the possibilities.
A thought enters my mind as I gaze at the documents in front of me.
I pull a cord on the wall, pacing the room as I wait.
The door knocks.
"Come in." I call out.
Magnolia enters, bowing.
"You called for me, my lady?" Magnolia asks.
"Yes... Call for a journalist here." I smile.
"Will you be featuring in the newspaper?"
"I suppose I should, I do need to do my greetings." I walk to my closet, changing my gown.

Hours go by as I sit and wait in a parlour room.
The door knocks as I read.
I stand.
"Come in." I call out.
The door opens and Magnolia, and another maid enter, a man following them. A knight walks in last, standing on guard.
The man bows.
"I greet the future empress of Cypheler, Princess Luna." He speaks.
"Hello. Please, sit." I smile, gesturing to the sofa in front of me.
He nods, sitting. The maids pour us tea, serving snacks.
"I apologize for the sudden intrusion. I was told I could come another day, but it seems I'm very eager." He speaks, taking out papers and a pen.
"There's no need to worry, I'm glad to meet you." I smile, lifting my teacup.
"Forgive me, I'm Adam Newark. I'm the head of journalism with the paper."
"Very nice meeting you, Mr. Newark."
"Likewise, Princess Luna. So, getting into it, may I ask what the reason was for you to reach out to us?" He asks, holding his notepad and pen.
"I believed before the wedding, I should give my greetings to all my future citizens."
"I see. Is there something specific you'd like to say?" He writes in his notepad.
I think to myself.
"Your company is the main paper of the empire, but I also know your papers are distributed to other kingdoms. Is this true?"
"Yes, it is. Citizens of other kingdoms enjoy reading the paper about Cypheler, and so we're the only one able to send it to neighbouring kingdoms."
"I see. I have prepared a letter, please write this as my introduction." I smile, sliding a paper across the table.