18

Chapter 18
Mu Xueyi stayed up all night, sitting on the sofa and waiting for Zhou Zhenyue to return. But until dawn, the door she was staring at was not pushed open.

Not only this day, but also the next few days, Zhou Zhenyue never came back.

Mu Xueyi knew that sending Zhou Zhenyue to WeChat could not get a reply, and she did not have her current mobile phone number, so she could only ask Xiaoai. Xiao Ai only said that Zhou Zhenyue was busy, and she didn't know exactly what she was doing.

Five days later, Xiao Ai came to the hotel, holding two tickets in his hand, and said to send Mu Xueyi back to Anyang.

Mu Xueyi hesitated for a long time, and asked Zhou Zhenyue if she would be with her.

Xiao Ai replied: "Zhou Zhou went back yesterday."

Mu Xueyi opened her mouth and couldn't ask any more questions.

Zhou Zhenyue's sudden transformation made her look like a drowning person in the middle of the sea. Every pore above and below her body was at a loss, but she was helpless and unable to save herself.

After returning to Anyang, she still lived in the riverside apartment. Except for Xiao Ai, who will fill up the refrigerator on time, no one else will visit.

During the period, Zhou Fengnian contacted her once and gave her 50,000 yuan, saying that it was a red envelope for his grandson-in-law. She wanted to refuse, but she was afraid that Zhou Fengnian would doubt their relationship, so she had to accept it and put it in a new bank card without moving a penny.

Time passed quietly like this for half a month.

One day after half a month, Mu Ruqing suddenly contacted her for the first time.

When the call came, Mu Xueyi was doing laundry. Seeing the string of numbers on the screen, there was a momentary trance in her eyes.

She deleted Mu Ruqing from her contact, but the string of numbers was engraved in her mind. That was the number Mu Guocheng gave them when they were in junior high school, and it was three digits short of her number.

After a moment of hesitation, he still clicked to answer.

Mu Ruqing: "...Xueyi?"

The voice didn't sound as harsh as usual.

Mu Xueyi took a breath and controlled her voice in a zone where there was no emotion: "Don't call me anymore."

Mu Ruqing chuckled: "It's been more than a month since I ran away from home, haven't you had enough trouble?"

Mu Xueyi frowned: "I didn't joke with you."

Mu Ruqing smiled again: "The card is defrosted, and I put some money in it yesterday. Today is your birthday, I have a small party at home, and I will come home for dinner in the evening."

Mu Ruqing's tone is like that of a sensible sister who easily forgives each other after having a temper for a few days in the most common family. It seems that the big gap is also separated by the blood relationship.

Mu Xueyi is a person who lacks love, especially the love from his family. Sometimes it only takes a little warmth to warm her heart that she thought could not be shaken anymore.

Even if her intellect clearly understands, these are most likely illusions, or Mu Ruqing's alms on a whim. Even so, she cherished the warmth.

But Mu Xueyi also knew that the line between Mu's and Mu's family still had to be drawn clearly.

She said: "I can go back to eat, but I don't need money."

Mu Ruqing should be at the desk, and he could hear the faint click of the pen: "Whatever you want."