8

8. Chapter 8

After an hour.

Emergency Inpatient Department of Anyang City Hospital.

Xiao Ai moved a new stool and placed it next to the hospital bed, squatted carefully and wiped it clean, and stopped when he couldn't see the ash in the light. She let out a sigh of relief, glanced at Mu Xueyi who was sleeping on the hospital bed, and wiped the sweat from her forehead.

The hanging bottle on the infusion stand methodically drips down, and the end of the circling hose is condensed into the needle on the back of Mu Xueyi's hand.

Because it was late at night, the slight voice of conversation in the corridor outside was also particularly noticeable.

Xiao Ai sneaked to the door and looked out, holding the door frame.

Zhou Zhenyue's long figure stood under the corridor lamp, and the halo and shadow traced her cold facial features together, and the black eyelashes seemed to be covered with a layer of frost.

She was wearing a long gray coat, still wearing pajamas. The black silk pajamas wrapped her body flatly, and the porcelain-white skin was pressed under the black cloth, as if cold milk was silently in the pitch-black mug.

This woman, even wearing a lazy pajama, has a terrifying aura that oppresses people's minds.

Obviously, the doctor opposite her also felt this kind of aura. The young doctor in his thirties was sweating and his glasses kept sliding down the bridge of his nose, but out of professionalism he explained everything completely:

"The patient has acute pneumonia. She must have had a fever for a long time before. According to the results of the blood test, she should be in the process of being treated. However, she has not continued to take medication or injections in recent days, so the fever has recurred. Actually, there is a problem. Not too big, as long as the treatment is not interrupted this time, it will be cured within half a month."

Zhou Zhenyue closed the medical record in her hand and handed it back to the doctor, vomiting two words blankly: "Thank you."

"Oh, oh, then look for me if you have something to do, I... go first."

The doctor turned around holding the document and left.

When asking the patient about his condition, the woman opposite stared at him with too deep eyes. He couldn't help muttering in his heart, and it was not the sickness that caused the man on the bed, the family of this patient was about to eat him alive.

Zhou Zhenyue lowered her head, pinched the jade ring on her finger, and whispered: "Xiao Ai."

Xiao Ai, who was picking up the door frame, was stunned, and immediately ran all the way, responding: "Yes, Mr. Zhou."

Zhou Zhenyue did not raise her eyes, but only asked, "Did you understand?"

Xiao Ai nodded: "The second lady went to the city hospital for medical treatment two days ago. The medical record that was retrieved said that it was an acute pneumonia caused by bacteria invading the lungs and having a fever for too long without receiving timely treatment."

Zhou Zhenyue was silent for a while, and said: "She should have had a fever after being caught in the rain that day. Did she go to the hospital two days ago?"

Xiao Ai hummed weakly.

Zhou Zhenyue's eyes darkened a bit.

"It's been a full five days, no wonder it's pneumonia." The corners of her lips curled up slightly, as if smiling, "Mu Ruqing... is really a good elder sister who can take care of her younger sister."