7

7. Chapter 7
When Xiao Ai opened the apartment door, Mu Xueyi was sitting in a swing chair in the corner and flipping through a financial-related magazine. The room was very dark, only that corner was turned on with a dim light, and the people and objects under the light seemed to be covered with dust.

She lowered her throat and shouted in a false voice: "Second Miss, Mr. Zhou is here!"

Mu Xueyi received the magazine and immediately got out of the swing chair, stepped on the floor barefoot and walked over, with hope flashing in his eyes: "Where?"

Zhou Zhenyue entered the door behind Xiao Ai, frowned upon seeing the dark environment in the house, and turned on the light in the living room.

Xiao Ai was holding several document bags in her hand. After putting the document bags on the coffee table, she said goodbye to the two people and ran away.

The door was closed.

Mu Xueyi stopped at the partition in the living room, watching Zhou Zhenyue sitting on the sofa, and suddenly did not dare to step forward.

This is the first time in so many years that they have been "alone" in the true sense. Although they have been alone in this house thousands of times before, there has never been a gap between them like today.

Betrayal, time, death, rebirth.

She desperately wanted to make up for it.

But it is too urgent, like a child who has broken a toy, always clumsy with his hands and feet.

Zhou Zhenyue sat upright habitually, with no expression on her face. She turned over two glasses from the coffee table, poured water, and said faintly:

"Talk about it."

Mu Xueyi looked at the two cups, and her heart fell instantly.

That's...the glasses they used to entertain guests before.

She tried to keep her emotions from showing on her face, walked over in silence, and sat down on the other end of the sofa.

Zhou Zhenyue pushed the glass in front of her, took a sip from the glass, was silent for a while, and said softly: "I always wanted to ask you a question."

Mu Xueyi didn't dare to look at her, lowered her head and held the water glass: "...you said."

Zhou Zhenyue was silent for a while, and the air didn't seem to flow anymore.

She finally asked, "At the beginning... did you temporarily think of stealing documents while you were in love with me, or did you approach me just to steal documents from the beginning?"

Mu Xueyi opened her mouth, her throat choked, and she didn't know how to explain it. In other words, there is nothing to explain.

She did approach her with purpose from the beginning.

Zhou Zhenyue looked at her and saw that she was still silent, and chuckled: "Sure enough, you are all for that document from beginning to end."

"No," Mu Xueyi said hurriedly, "I actually..."

"Mu Xueyi," Zhou Zhenyue interrupted her with a tone of negotiation and mediation in the business arena, "Since you and I are essentially businessmen, then some matters are easier to negotiate."

She opened a file bag, pulled out a form from it, and pushed it in front of Mu Xueyi.

"This is all the property damage Zhou suffered after you leaked the documents."

Mu Xueyi took the watch blankly and looked at the astronomical figures arranged in a row on it.

Zhou Zhenyue: "I don't think I need to bear these losses for you. You must return the money to me."