34

The night was so quiet that there was no sound at all, and a sparrow flew past the window, rustling its wings against the leaves.

With a little moist, soft touch, as if still remaining on the side of the face.

Zhou Zhenyue froze.

After a long while, I shook the hand hidden in the quilt, only to realize that my fingertips were numb with ice.

She suppressed the tremor in her throat, and whispered in the same calm voice as usual:

"Who allowed you to kiss me?"

Mu Xueyi lay on the pillow, very close to Zhou Zhenyue, and the breath when she spoke reached Zhou Zhenyue's ears: "You allow it. This is what I changed for ten years."

Zhou Zhenyue's eyelashes trembled.

She suddenly laughed: "Is it interesting to make such a joke with me?"

"I'm not kidding." Mu Xueyi stared at Zhou Zhenyue's side face, in a soft and soft tone, "Ayue, I really like you."

She rubbed her chin on the pillow, half-dangling her eyes, and murmured: "I want to be by your side, in any form. Whether it's consensual or contract binding, if you think that contract can give you A sense of security, I am willing to sign with you for ten, twenty, one hundred years."

"I can sign, but you have to understand," Mu Xueyi gently stretched out her hand, holding Zhou Zhenyue's hand on the quilt, "Even if I don't sign, I won't leave you again."

Zhou Zhenyue pressed her lips and fell silent.

She seemed to want to say something.

There seemed to be a thin layer of tears in the bottom of my eyes.

But soon, she gathered all her emotions and closed her eyes, as if everything just now was an illusion in the night.

She curled her lips, "Which tendon did you make a mistake today?"

"It's not that I got it wrong today, it's that I got it right today." Mu Xueyi tried to tighten her fingers and held Zhou Zhenyue's hand tightly, speaking like a sigh, "Suddenly I felt that maybe I should be early Let me tell you a little bit. But Ayue, I'm very scared..."

Zhou Zhenyue's pupils slid to the end of her eyes, and she looked at Mu Xueyi by the pillow, her voice was extremely soft: "What are you afraid of?"

Mu Xueyi took a deep breath, as if holding back his choking: "I'm afraid you think I'm still lying whatever I say. I lied to you. I don't know if you can re-establish trust in me. I... ...I believe you still like me, but I don't know you...I don't know if we can still..."

She seems to be unable to organize her language smoothly.

Zhou Zhenyue looked away, stared at the ceiling, and smiled palely.

"Indeed, it's not enough for two people to be together as long as they like each other."

Mu Xueyi bit her lower lip, tears falling from the corner of her eyes to the sideburns, "I know, I understand. It's because I understand too much that I...I don't know how to deal with myself. I don't want to miss it again, but... I don't know what to do, and I'm not willing to stay by your side in this unclear relationship. I really want to go back to when I was three years ago. At least then I took your hand and kissed me. A kiss, no need to find any excuses to extend the contract..."

"Xueyi."

Zhou Zhenyue said these two words gently.

This was the first time she was called "Xueyi" after the mountain road collapsed.