Part 63

Maya POV

"Home sweet home bubba," I sang, closing the door behind Elva and I as we arrived home.

"How long in hospital mommy?" Elva asked as I placed her down on the floor.

"You were in for three days little one," I told her.

"That's long," she sighed dramatically, flopping down and leaning against the sofa.

I stood watching her and laughed, glad to finally have her back home.

"It was a long time bubba, you were so brave," I said, heading to the kitchen.

"When's mama home?" She asked, following behind me.

"She's working all day bubs, she'll be home for dinner though," I explained, beginning to make a coffee.

I watched as her smile turned into a frown and she pouted her little lips.

"I know something that might cheer you up?" I teased.

"What mommy?" She said running over, excitedly tugging on my leg.

I stirred my drink and made Elva one, taking her hand and leading her back into the lounge.

"Guess who's coming over to see you soon?" I smiled.

"Who mommy?" She asked, snuggling up to my side.

"Your Auntie Andy," I told her.

"Yayy," she cheered, her mood suddenly lifted.

"She's excited to see you bubba, now be a good girl and drink your drink for mommy," I said, kissing her forehead.

She drank half the cup before handing it over to me to put back down on the coffee table.

I switched on the tv for her, turning on one of the children's channels.

"I watched this in hospital," she pointed out.

"How you feeling bubba?" I asked, stroking her hair as she lay her head down on my chest.

"Good mommy," she yawned.

"No pain?" I checked.

"No mommy, Meredith checked this morning," she giggled.

"Alright little miss sass pot, I was just checking,"
I smirked, gently tickling her stomach.

"Stop mommy," she laughed, pushing my hands away.

I conceded and stopped tickling her, letting her get comfortable again against me.

Although Carina and I practically lived at the hospital over the last few days, the rare occasions we were home, the apartment felt incredibly empty without her.

My phone went off, I managed to reach over to grab it without unsettling Elva. It was Carina, just checking in to see that we'd gotten home okay.

There was a knock on the apartment door, Elva lifted her head up off of me to glance in that direction.

"It's Andy," they called.

"It's open," I shouted back, not wanting to get up from the sofa.

She let herself in and headed straight over towards Elva and I, sitting down on the other end of the sofa.

"Hello my princesa," she smiled warmly at Elva.

Elva blushed and hid her head in my chest.

"You're not shy around Andy bubba," I said softly, rubbing my hand up and down her back.