Part 38

Maya POV

"Carina I'm sure she's not 100% okay," I said once we'd put Elva to bed that evening.

"She's not got a temperature and she's had a very emotional day, she'll just be tired and worked up," she replied.

I knew she was right but it still wasn't sitting well with me.

"Do you think we need to do something?" I asked Carina as we both climbed into bed.

"About Elva's uncle?" She asked, leaning against the headboard and wrapping her arms around me.

I leant back against her.

"Hmmm," I agreed, enjoying being in the comfort of her arms.

She trailed her fingers over my skin.

"I don't know, she's not with him anymore. We could ask Jane for advice when she comes?" She suggested.

"She wasn't full of advice when we asked her about her eating," I sarcastically said.

"But she might know more about this sort of thing," reasoned Carina.

"No harm in asking, as long as Elva isn't there," I said.

"Are you alright if she comes to you after school tomorrow? I've got people hosting a training day at the station,"

"Si bellina, that's fine," she yawned, squeezing me and settling down further into the pillows.

"Tired?" I smirked, rolling over and staring up at her.

"Today has been emotionally draining," she defended.

"Too draining?" I smiled coyly, playing with the strap of her silk night dress.

"I think you may just need to give me an energy boost," she winked.

"That can be arranged,"

I pushed myself up slightly to kiss her, she instantly deepened it and moved her hand to my lower back.

I woke up the next working morning feeling light and well rested and extremely glad that Elva had stayed in her room all night.

Carina's alarm had already gone off and she was up getting ready for work.

I got myself sorted before heading into Elva's room to wake her up.

I crouched beside her bed and gently stroked her messy bed head off of her face.

"Elvie bubba, wake up," I said softly.

"Wakey wakey sweetheart," I repeated.

She rolled over slightly and brought her small fists up to rub her eyes.

I rested my hand gently on her stomach and made small circles.

"Good morning bubba," I smiled as she opened her eyes to look at me.

She yawned and put her arms out for me.

I was already dressed ans ready for the day but climbed in next to her nonetheless.

She snuggled into me and closed her eyes again.

"Ahh ahh bubba, stay awake for me," I chuckled.

"You've got to get ready for school in a minute," I reminded her.

"Stay home?," she asked quietly.

"No bubs, you've got to go to school," I told her, playing with her hair.

She didn't argue or kick up a fuss. She just remained quiet.

I helped her get ready and attempted to get her to eat breakfast.