Part 117

Carina POV

"Mama?" Elva asked as I moved around mine and Maya's bedroom getting ready.

"Si bambina?" I replied, watching her on our bed through the mirror.

"When is the wedding?" She asked me curiously.

"This Saturday bella, only three more days," I told her excitedly.

She nodded and looked down at her hands. Putting my earrings in, I watched as she snuggled down the bed to rest her head on my pillow.

"Bambina?" I said gently.

No response came.

Half ready and already running a little late, I moved to the bed and perched on the edge. I rested my hand lightly on her little legs.

"Tell mama what's wrong Elva," I said softly.

She shook her head and buried her face in the pillow.

"Bambina, mama can't help you feel better if you don't tell me what's wrong," I explained to her, running my hand up and down her back.

She slowly lifted her head from the pillow and moved closer, now burying her face in my stomach.

"Tell me Elva," I whispered.

"Going away," she said suddenly.

"What do you mean bella?" I asked, not understanding.

"After the wedding," she added, pushing herself up to climb onto my lap.

"Why would we be going away?" I asked her, tucking her hair back.

"In school, Lola told me and Molly that when her mommy got married, she went away on a plane," Elva explained.

"I don't want you to go," she said, her bottom lip wobbling.

At that moment, Maya walked in from the other bathroom having gotten home from work and needing to freshen up.

Her smile turned to a frown when she saw that Elva was upset.

I shook my head discreetly, not wanting her to worry.

"Elva, mama and mommy aren't going on vacation after the wedding," I told her, seeing Maya raise her eyebrow in confusion as she crouched down by the chest of draws.

"You promise?" She asked, still looking a little unsure.

"I promise bella," I smiled.

She looked a little happier, her eyes no longer watering.

"Now give mama a big snuggle before I finish getting ready," I laughed, sitting back against the bed and pulling her close.

"Mama," she giggled, resting on top of me.

"What do you have planned with mommy today?" I asked her, holding her to me.

"I don't know," she shrugged, twisting around to look at Maya.

"Well," Maya said slowly.

"I thought we could go watch the new film you were telling us about Elvie," Maya suggested, coming to join us on the bed.

"Luca?" Elva asked, her eyes wide.

"That's the one," Maya winked knowingly.

"How we watch it mommy? Molly said it not on the tv," Elva asked, not fully understanding.

"We'll go to the movie theatre sweetheart, you'll watch it on a big tv screen," Maya explained.

"And," she whispered.