Part 106

Maya POV

"Elva stand still, let me get another photo of you," I laughed, unable to hide how happy I was seeing her twirling around in her little pink leotard.

"I'm dancing mommy," she said as she pranced across my office.

"I know but your auntie Andy will actually kill me if I don't show her how beautiful you look," I told her, pulling the guilt trip card.

"She wanted to see you before your class but she got called out with Gibson," I pouted sadly.

"Okay just one mommy," she agreed, finally standing still and posing for me.

"Thank you baby," I smiled, kneeling down in front of her.

"Are you sure you feel better?" I asked, seeing as she was only sent home from school two days ago.

"I promise mommy," she nodded.

"There's a nasty bug going around your school. Miss Rowlands said another three children were off yesterday," I said as I packed her ballet shoes into her back pack.

"Lewis was off school today. Miss Rowlands said it was quiet in class," she said innocently. I bit my lip to prevent me laughing.

"I'm just glad you're all better now," I smiled.

"Your mama is going to pick you up from your class okay," I told her as I took hold of her hand.

"And then home?" She asked while I locked my office door.

"I think you might be coming back here first," I said, not giving away the reason why.

She didn't even question it.

"Montgomery, I'm quickly taking Elva to her dance class. It's only around the corner, I'll just be ten minutes," I explained to him as he was on reception.

"No problem Cap, enjoy your class Elva," he said warmly.

"Thank you Travis," Elva giggled excitedly.

"Let's go my little dancing queen," I said, leading her out the door.

"Are you ready to go in baby?" I asked when we reached the small dance studio.

She'd gone very quiet the closer we'd gotten.

"I'm not sure mommy," she whispered, taking a step closer to me.

"You were so excited Elva, you'll have an amazing time," I said enthusiastically.

"Maybe I can come next week," she said softly, wrapping her arm through my legs and leaning against me.

"Come on my little love, I'll come in with you," I said, lifting her up and resting her on my hip.

I signed her in and stood with her in the doorway to the studio.
Placing her back on the floor, I crouched down in front of her and took her little hands in mine.

"Hey, don't let some butterflies in your tummy stop you from having fun. I know you're nervous but the second you face your fear Elva it will all turn into good energy. Go create that strong fire in your belly. Be the best Elva you can be," I said, her gaze not shifting from mine.

"Okay mommy," she nodded, glancing in the studio.

"I can see Lola," she said, pointing towards a little girl with two blonde plaits in her hair.

"Go see your friend baby. Mama will be here to pick you up," I said, gently kissing her cheek before sending her off to join her friend.

I watched her go in as a couple of other girls and their mom's followed behind.