Part 145

Winter POV

My eyes opened and I winced at the light coming through the paper thin curtains. Clamping my eyes back shut, I rolled over onto my stomach, burying my face into the flat pillow.

My alarm began to go off, all the kids had our homeschool group today at the center. We go once a week to "socialise" with other kids.
I turned off the irritating beep but didn't move, I felt like I could sleep forever.

I eventually forced myself to sit up, my room suddenly spinning around me. There was no way I could get dressed for the day. I sat still, trying to stop the spinning as Josie burst in through my door.

"Morning, you ready to...."

"Wow you look awful," she said, changing her sentence.

"I feel awful," I said quietly.

"Can I get you anything?" She asked.

"No thank you," I smiled weakly, knowing I couldn't even manage water.

"Want me to tell Mary you can't come to group?" She said, hearing everyone get ready to leave downstairs.

"Yes please," I nodded, instantly regretting moving my head like that.

"Can you check my phone? It's been going off with a few messages," I asked, trying to lay back down without moving too quickly.

"It's Maya," Josie told me.

"Can you reply and pretend to be me? Tell her I'm alright," I said, not wanting to worry her

"Will do," Josie nodded, typing out a message.

"She said feel better soon," Josie smiled, placing my phone at the side of my bed

"Thanks," I said, wanting to go back to sleep now.

"I've gotta go, I'll tell Mary you're not coming see you later," she said, leaving me alone to try and deal with whatever this bug was.

I heard the chaos of everyone trying to get out the house and into the minivan.