Part 21

Maya POV

Since Jane had only stayed a short while, we still had the rest of the day together. I was so glad Carina had booked the whole day off work. She had made us a picnic and it was such a lovely family day together at the park .

We arrived home all tired out from the fresh air. We showered and ate dinner and got ready for some snuggle time on the sofa.

While Carina and Elva were together choosing a movie to watch, I took some time to myself in my bedroom to read through all Elva's information given to us by Jane.

I laid it all out on my bed.

I knew there would come a time when we'd have to talk to Elva about her past but I think it's up to her when that is. She'll talk when she's ready.

I skipped through until I came to the information about her school. She was enrolled locally so it looks like she won't need to change. It also said that she has had a very interrupted education with a pretty poor attendance score.

Well from next week that was going to change.

I'll give the school a ring tomorrow and get everything sorted.

"Maya," I heard Elva call.

I quickly gathered up all the paperwork and hid it in a drawer just as Elva walked in.

"Everything okay bubba?" I asked.

"Rina said hurry up or she's starting without you," she giggled.

"Then I better come quickly then," I joked, getting up and following Elva back into the lounge.

I grabbed Carina and I a glass of wine and joined them on the sofa. I wasn't really bothered about watching a film, I was more than happy just chilling with both my girls. Once again, I grabbed my phone to take a picture of Elva snuggled in Carina's arms. We'd taken so many cute pictures at the park today too.

Elva was completely zoned out, her full attention on the movie but Carina appeared to be doing the same as me, just soaking up the moment.
We made eye contact and she smiled. Taking a sip of wine, I leant over slightly to kiss Carina.
I honestly haven't felt this happy in a long time.

Elva wined a little, we both looked down to see her half asleep. Carina handed me her wine for me to put down on the coffee table so she could cradle Elva in her arms properly. She rolled slightly on her side so she could snuggle further into Carina.

"I'm gonna put her in bed," she said, standing up from the sofa.

Before taking her to bed, she leant forward so I could kiss Elva good night.

"Sweet dreams Elvie," I whispered.

"Meet me in our bed," Carina smirked.

I switched the tv and lamp off before carrying our wine glasses into our bedroom. Carina walked in a couple of minutes later.

"She settled?" I asked.

"Hmm she's flat out. Definitely the sea air," she smiled.

"Now, let's finish that wine," she smirked.

We drank up and very quickly found ourselves without clothes on.
Later, I was once again lay tangled around my beautiful Italian girlfriend. She had her arms wrapped tightly around me while I lay my head on her chest.

"We need to come up with a plan for Elva and school," Carina said, breaking the silence.

"I know, I've read all the information about her school. It's not to far from here, the station or the hospital. I'm going to ring them tomorrow." I told her.

"What about our long ass shifts," she asked.

"Well there's always someone at the station who could watch her if I'm on a call and you could get her on your way home from work?" I suggested.

"Or there's the childcare at the hospital?" Carina added.

"How do we get her there from school?, I don't want her walking or getting the bus on her own," I said.

"We could arrange a child minder, or what about your mom?" Carina said.

"I don't want her anywhere near my family right now," I said firmly.

"But your mom has left your dad," she replied.

"I'm not risking her coming into contact with him yet, I'll consider asking my mom when they've been apart longer," I compromised.

"How do you think she'll react when we mention school?" Carina asked.

I sighed, Carina stroked her long, slender fingers up and down my arm, causing goosebumps to rise on my skin.

"I don't know, we'll try to make it positive and get her excited by going getting new school supplies," I suggested.

"She's going to hate it," Carina said bluntly.

"I know," I wined, covering my face and rolling into Carina's boobs.

Carina laughed and leaned over to make sure her alarm was set for the morning.

"Do you have to go to work tomorrow?" I pouted.

"Si bambina, you'll be back in work in a few days too," she reminded me.

"Let's sleep then," I said with a yawn.

"Before we do, let me remind you one more time just how much I love you," she said, flipping us over so she was hovering above me.

"I'd never say no to that," I grinned.

Authors note.

Short and sweet just for a filler chapter.

I'm curious, comment how old you are...

DM's are always open as well!!!