Part 41

Carina POV

"Morning bellina," I smiled, seeing Maya waking up.

She yawned and stretched her arms out above her head. I was sat up in bed reading and she lifted her head to look at me.

"Good morning," she smiled warmly.

Elva was still fast asleep beside her.

"How you feeling?" I asked, keeping my voice quiet.

"Not too bad, definitely better than yesterday," she replied.

"That's good, take it easy today. I'll sort everything for when Jane arrives," I assured her.

"You're amazing but I'll be fine don't worry," she said.

"How was Elva yesterday? I feel like I didn't even speak to her. I just slept," she added.

"She was much better, her temperature levelled out. She got so upset thinking she'd made you sick though," I told her.

She looked down at Elva and frowned.

"Poor little bubba," she pouted.

"Did you tell her about Jane's visit?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"No, we should tell her this morning though. Give her time to get used to the idea," I suggested.

She nodded had moved to lean into me. I wrapped my arms around her.

"It will be okay bellina," I said reassuringly, knowing she was silently overthinking everything.

"It better be," she sighed.

I was about to reply when Elva rolled over and wined.

She was starting to wake up.

"M-mama" she mumbled sleepily.

"I'm here bambina," I said, leaning my arm over Maya to stroke her arm.

"Mommy," she yawned.

"I'm here too sweetheart," Maya said gently.

Still leaning against me, she pulled Elva closer and into her arms so the three of us were wrapped up in one big cuddle.

Elva yawned and rested her head bad down on Maya's chest before closing her eyes again.

"Ahh ahh wakey wakey bubba," Maya laughed.

"It's morning baby girl," she whispered in her ear, tucking back her hair.

Elva pushed up against Maya's body and opened her eyes.

"School?" She asked cutely.

"No bambina, back to school tomorrow," I said.

"Mommy work?" She said, looking at Maya.

"No bub, I'm at home with you and mama today," she smiled.

Elva smiled back and cuddled back into Maya who gave her a squeeze and kissed her head.

Whilst holding Elva to her chest, Maya glanced up at me, asking with her eyes whether now was the time to tell her about Jane.

There would never be a perfect time but here in bed with us seemed like an alright option.

"Bubba?" Maya began.

"Yes mommy?" She said sweetly.

"This afternoon your social worker Jane is coming for a visit?" She told her.