Part 143

Maya POV

"Do you girls want to head back over to the playground? Carina and I will watch from that bench right there?" I suggested to the two girls, wanting them both to have some space and some time together.

"I'll show you the slide Winter," Elva said excitedly, grabbing hold of Winter's hand.

Winter turned to look back a little apprehensively at Carina and I.

"It's okay, we'll be right there if you need us," I said, pointing to one of the benches just by the gate to the playground.

"Go have fun bella," Carina smiled.

Winter let herself be led over to the slide while Carina and I walked behind them to the wooden bench.

"Remember Elva's first time at the park with us?" I asked Car as we sat down.

"Si, she needed to learn how to play as well," Carina nodded sadly.

"At least she's got a little sister to show her. We managed to give Elva her childhood back, hopefully we can do the same for Winter," I said hopefully, leaning back against Carina who put her arm around me.

"We will bellina. Slow steps though si? We need to remember how hard it was for the bambina to accept our love, Winter has been through a lot as well," Carina pointed out.

"If not more," I sighed sadly.

"Elva looks happy," I added, watching our seven year old climb up the steps to the slide.

"Hmm si," Carina nodded a little distractedly.

"What is it?" I asked, turning to look at her as her eyebrow wrinkled slightly.

"It's just,," she began.

"What my love?" I asked again, taking her hand and resting it in my lap.

"I'm just slightly concerned about the memories Elva might have unlocked now. I can almost guarantee she will have repressed a lot of the abuse. Look what happened, she saw the snow and those memories revealed a sister," Carina explained, her voice speeding up with every word.

"Woww my love breathe ," I said calmly, knowing that everything she was saying was probably true.

"They'll eventually be unlocked at some point you know. Better sooner rather than 15 years time when she's starting her adult life and career. She's young but we can support her, we don't want them holding her back," I added.

"From what we've heard, Winter protected her from a lot," Carina pointed out.

"That's not a good thing for Winter though," I replied, turning back to watch the girls.

"We'll deal with whatever gets thrown our way bellina," Carina smiled as Elva ran out the gate towards us, followed by a shy Winter.

"Ciao bellas," Carina grinned, opening her arms as Elva flopped down on her mama's legs.

"Tired bambina?" She asked, moving all Elva's  hair off of her face.

"Thirsty mama," Elva said, gasping dramatically.

"Oh we can't have that can we bubba," I laughed, reaching down for my backpack.

I took out two cartons of apple juice and offered one each to the girls.

Elva immediately took it from me before handing it to Carina to help with the straw.

Winter looked nervously towards the drink.

"That's yours sweetheart," I assured her.

"T-thank you," she stuttered, reaching to take it from me.