Part 115

Maya POV

"Mommy mommy,"

"Mommy,"

"Mommy wake up,"

Laying on my front with my face smushed into the pillow, I groaned and rolled over onto my side. Elva was stood beside my bed, her adorable face looking at me expectantly.

"Hmm morning Elvie," I said groggily, feeling the effect of last surge to my head.

"Can we snuggle mommy?" She asked hopefully.

"Of course," I yawned.

"Pass me my tank top please baby," I said, grateful that I already had shorts on.

She grabbed my top from the side and handed it over. I pushed myself up more in bed and quickly threw on my shirt, not that Elva would've been bothered either way.

"Come here," I smiled, pulling her up and over me onto the bed.

"Where's your mama?" I asked as she cuddled into me.

"Making breakfast for Tía Andy and Vic, Vic said something about needing carbs," Elva informed me innocently.

"That makes sense," I smiled, squeezing her little frame to me and kissing her head.

"Did you have a good night with mama?" I asked, running my fingers through her hair.

"Yes mommy, we made cookies," she nodded.

"But look," she said, holding out her hand.

"Oh Elvie what happened there?" I asked, seeing the burn mark.

"I went to check on the cookies by myself but it was too hot," she told me sadly.

"You never go near the oven by yourself Elva," I warned.

"I know, that's what mama said. She kissed it better though," Elva smiled softly.

"Your mama makes everything better," I agreed.

"Shall we go save her from a grumpy Andy and Vic?" I suggested.

"Okay mommy. Andy's tired, she said she's fallen out with tequila, do you think they'll make up?" She asked me as I climbed out of bed.

"Oh I'm sure they will baby," I laughed, helping her down.

She took my hand and followed me through to the kitchen.

"Good morning," I greeted everyone, seeing Andy and Vic sat tiredly around the kitchen table.

Carina turned and smiled when she saw me, instantly handing me a hot cup of coffee.

"Thank you," I sighed gratefully.

"It's extra strong this morning bellina," she winked.

"Here, I've made you French toast," she said, pulling out a chair for me to sit down.

"You're amazing," I told her, lifting Elva up onto my knee as I sat.

"Elva what do you want bambina?" Carina asked softly.

"Strawberries please mama," she replied sweetly.

"You need more than strawberries bella. What if you have them with French toast?" Carina suggested.

"Okay mama," she agreed, cheekily stealing a strawberry from my plate.

"Hey strawberry monster," I played, tickling her sides.

"You two are quiet," I observed, speaking to Andy and Vic.

"The only reason I'm awake right now is because your fiancé made the most amazing breakfast," Vic said dramatically.