Part 17

Maya POV

I messaged Andy when we're we're close to the station to make sure she would be in the captains office. I thought it would be a good idea to get Elva comfortable around her before throwing her into the deep end and meeting everybody all at once. This would be her third time seeing Andy so hopefully she'd be alright.

"Remember bub, they might all look and sound big and scary but they're just huge softies," I assured her once more before we got there.

"You stay?" She asked, looking up at me with her big brown eyes.

"I've got you girl," I smiled.

At this time in the morning, everybody was usually still having breakfast in the beanery so it was pretty easy for us to sneak in undetected.

I let Elva through the station, up the stairs and into my office. Andy was sat at my desk sorting though some papers.

"Good morning," I said, holding the door open for Elva to go in.

Andy looked up and gave us a both a big smile.

"Hi you two!" She grinned, getting up out of my chair.

"How's things here?" I asked her. I turned the attention to work, not wanting Elva to feel under too much pressure.

"They're good, yesterday was super quiet. Everyone's been asking about you though, they think it's weird you suddenly took time off," she explained.

"I'm not surprised. I've not had time off in forever," I laughed.

"And how are you chica?" She said, crouching down to Elva's height.

"Maya not driving you crazy yet?" She smirked.

"No," Elva chuckled.

"Well she will, just wait until you hear her singing," Andy said seriously.

"Hey, I have a great voice," I defended.

"So how you wanna do this?" She said, standing back up straight.

I sighed. I hadn't really thought about it.

"I don't know," I admitted.

"Want me to stay with Elva while you go and explain or are you just gonna take her straight in with you? They're all in the beanery," she told me.

I looked down at my little girl, what was going to be better for her?

"Bubba? Are you okay staying with Andy for a couple of minutes while I go talk to the other guys?" I asked her.

I watched her look between Andy and I before turning to me and giving me a nod.

"I won't be long I promise. And maybe Andy could show you one of the engines?" I suggested, looking to Andy for confirmation.

"Of course, you can just text me when you want us to head up," she said.

I bent down and wrapped my arms around Elva. She clung onto me, I think she could sense that I was nervous too.

"Won't be long bub," I said, heading out of the office.

Walking towards the beanery seemed to take forever. I was going over and over what I was going to say but I knew it wouldn't play out like that so there was no point in trying to formulate a speech.

Time was up.

I walked into the beanery to find everyone chatting away over their breakfast. Upon my entrance, all eyes turned to face me.