Accidentally

At the culprit’s office.

I was currently hiding and waiting for the bastard to leave. The plan was to nab and punish him thoroughly.

“Seriously, what are you planning to do, lis?” lucas asked as he stood next to me. I told him to leave, but he wouldn’t listen and he ended up following me here.

“I just need to speak to him.”

“And you need a mask for that?” lucas asked, still confused.

“Why not?” I said. He tilted his head this way and that way.

“You’re not going to attack him, are you?” he asked warily.

“Of course not. I’m not that kind of person,” I lied.

“Right. You’re not a thug or the kind of person to just attack someone. And since you’re in a girl group now, you really have to be careful. If you’re not, it could backfire on you. That’s just how it is.”

“I said, I’m not going to.”

“Oh okay,” he said with a nod. Yeah, I won’t use violence. I’m just going to poke the guy a bit.

“But seriously, why the mask…?”

“Really?” I snapped.

That did the trick as lucas clammed right up. Now that I think about it, he and I are getting along a lot better these days. It’s like we understand each other better.

Just then, the door opened and the culprit stepped out.

“You should leave, lucas,” I said politely.

“Why? I’m going to stay.”

“Seriously, just go.”

“No.”

Ugh, this guy didn’t know when to quit.

“I have some things to discuss with that guy in private.”

“I know. But sadly, I know what you’re up to and I can’t just let it go.”

“What do you think I’m planning to do?”

“You’re going to hit him,” he said, gesturing towards the asshole who was now locking the door. So he didn’t believe me, huh. He’s smarter than he looks.

“I told you I’m not. I told you, no violence. Did you not hear me?”

“Yeah, right…I know you better than that. Did you forget who you’re talking to? You’re going to attack him and then just say that you gave him a little poke,” -he said.

Damn, he was good. He really does know me. These bank  employees really do notice and observe everything.

“I’m just worried about you,” he added. “Don’t do this. The police said they’d handle it.”

He did sound sincerely worried. I pointed in the direction behind him. With another confused tilt of his head, he turned around to see what I was pointing at. I quickly reached up and jabbed a pressure point at the back of his neck.

Thump.

He was out cold.

“You need to learn to be quiet.”

My best friend, but I know bam sent you to babysit me after the stalking accident.

After turning lucas onto his back, I made my way towards the asshole.

It was dark. I ended up following the guy to the bungee jumping zone. Was it to express any sorrow or remorse for what had happened? Of course not.