Chapter 34- PROVISIONAL HERO LICENSE EXAM 3

Class 1-A victory dance.Katsuki, Eijiro, and Denki have passed which brings the total number of people passed to 82. Denki spots Izuku, Ochaco, and Hanta. Denki goes to greet them and congratulates them on passing. As Hanta and Ochaco praise Denki and Eijiro for passing, Katsuki asks Izuku if he passed, to which Izuku tells Katsuki that he did; Izuku finds it awkward to be speaking to Katsuki due to the Kamino Incident. As he walks away, Katsuki is not surprised that Izuku passed with his "power", much to Izuku's shock. Katsuki asks Izuku if he made that "borrowed power" his own yet, and walks away to the waiting room.

In the waiting room, Momo is glad that Izuku's group and Katsuki's group passed. Tsuyu tells Izuku's and Katsuki's group about the people who will remove their targets. Shoto speaks to Izuku and states that 11 people from their class have passed, leaving 9 of them remaining. Momo notes that there are 18 spots remaining and hopes Tenya is alright.

Tenya and Yuga are surrounded by opponents.On the battlefield, Tenya and Yuga are in the heat of battle against dozens of examinees. As Yuga thinks that the situation is bad, Tenya saves Yuga from a stray bullet and tells him not to give up. Earlier on, Tenya found Yuga and decided to work with him so that they can find their classmates and pass. However, Yuga is content with the rest of Class 1-A passing ahead of him. Tenya refuses to leave Yuga behind as he is the president of Class 1-A and as such it is his duty to support everyone including him. This is how Tenya and Yuga began working together.

In the present, eight more examinees have passed, which leaves 10 remaining spots. Ms. Joke is certain that the examinees that just passed is her class and looks down to the waiting room, seeing her class walking to the waiting room; Ms. Joke is happy to see that her class passed. Momo and Kyoka are worried that some of their class will not pass the First Exam.

Everyone notices Yuga's beacon of light.Tenya and Yuga are still in the heat of battle against the hoard of examinees. Seeing that he is holding Tenya back, Yuga fires his Navel Laser in the air; Tenya wonders what Yuga is planning. Yuga tells Tenya that he has already lost two targets and does not want Tenya to go down with him and thus decided to shoot his Navel Laser into the sky to use himself as a decoy to attract more examinees which will allow Tenya to out speed and attach his balls to two of them while they are distracted. Yuga admits that his dream is to be equal with everyone else.

Suddenly, a flock of doves are all over the area and are distracting the examinees courtesy of Koji. Concealed by the doves, Fumikage uses Black Abyss: Covert Black-Ops Arms to land a surprise attack on two examinees which successfully connects and knocks them down. Examinees find themselves stuck due to Minoru's Pop Off; Mashirao knocks them down which sticks them to the ground. Tenya is surprised that Mashirao, Minoru, and Fumikage have arrived.

Mina thanks Yuga and his light beacon.The other examinees realize that U.A. has arrived and prepare to counter-attack. Out of nowhere, a bright light illuminates the area and distract the examinees which prevents them from counter-attacking; this bright light is emanating from Toru's Super Move Warp Refraction. Using Toru's light as a distraction, Mashirao attaches his balls to two examinees while Toru herself attaches her balls to two examinees allowing them to pass.

On the ground, Yuga is confused as to what is going on; Mina tells Yuga it is thanks to his Navel Laser that they managed to group up with him and Tenya. Mina manages to attach her required balls and passes while the remaining Class 1-A students work together; they begin passing one after the other.

Tenya and Yuga are the last two participants to pass the first phase.Tenya and Yuga run to their targeted opponents and Tenya tells the latter that no matter who he wants to be an equal with, he's the beacon that allowed Class 1-A to succeed, as thanks to him, the remaining Class 1-A students grouped back together to pass. Yuga and Tenya attach their balls to their required number of targets, filling the final two spots for the first phase.

With that, 100 examinees in total have passed; Mera Yokumiru announces that the First Exam is over and instructs the examinees who did not pass to leave the premises.

The battlefield is destroyed.In the waiting room, Izuku, Ochaco, Minoru, Denki, and Hanta celebrate because all of Class 1-A passed the First Exam. Inasa is shocked that Seiji failed to pass; one of Inasa's classmates comment that Seiji was full of himself which lead to his downfall and asks him to tone his voice down. Camie has also passed.

Mera asks the one hundred examinees who passed to look at the screen which shows the battlefield. The entire battlefield the examinees were competing on crumbles; all the buildings are destroyed which causes the battlefield to become a disaster site, shocking some of Class 1-A. Mera tells the one hundred examinees that the destroyed battlefield which has become a disaster site will be their next and last stage for the Provisional Hero License Exam. On this disaster site, the one hundred examinees will be conducting rescue maneuvers.

The Help Us Company.Mera announces to the examinees that they will be conducting rescue maneuvers in saving citizens at the disaster site; what will be tested is the examinees' ability to adequately carry out rescue operations. However, the citizens ordinary; they are senior citizens and children who have obtained Provisional Hero Licenses and have gone through all sorts of training and as a result they are experts in rescue maneuvers. The senior citizens and children are a part of Help Us Company.

Mera explains that the senior citizens are disguised as injured victims and are scattered throughout the disaster site; the examinees will carry out their rescues. Mera informs the examinees that their rescue activities will be scored on a point system; by the time the rescue activities are completed, examinees who exceed the average value will pass. Mera ends his explanation by telling the examinees that there will be a ten-minute break, which will give the examinees the time to prepare.

Izuku and Tenya realize that the Second Exam is modeled after the Kamino Incident. Tenya says that there were many casualties while their group was focused on rescuing Katsuki. Izuku states they will need to do their best.

Meanwhile, Hanta tells Denki and Minoru that Izuku saw Camie's naked body, which infuriates them due the jealousy. They confront Izuku for what he saw, which confuses Izuku, don't allow him to explain. The trio look at Camie who smiles and waves at Izuku, further strengthening the implications that Izuku has some kind of relationship with the girl. Izuku begins understanding the situation and informs Denki and Minoru that her nude body had something to do with her Quirk and she has scary skills, but they still antagonize him.

They're interrupted when the Shiketsu students approach U.A.'s Class 1-A. Nagamasa Mora greets Katsuki and asks if he met Seiji Shishikura. Katsuki replies that he did; Nagamasa apologizes for Seiji's rude behavior towards them. Nagamasa states that Seiji was trying to impress them in his own way and reveals that Shiketsu High School bears no hostility towards U.A. He wishes to establish a good relationship with U.A and apologizes for Seiji's impolite behavior.

Shoto confronts Inasa in the anteroom.Seeing as how they are here to talk and not antagonize, Shoto asks Inasa if he did something to bother him. Inasa gets straight to the point; he hates both Shoto and his father, Endeavor. Inasa comments that while his demeanor has changed, Shoto still has the same eyes as Endeavor. Inasa rejoins his fellow Shiketsu High classmates while Shoto contemplates what Inasa just said.

Before Izuku can consult Shoto, Camie says goodbye to Izuku, to which Izuku immediately responds with a nod, and Denki and Minoru jump on him again. Momo tells them to stop acting disgracefully. Camie walks away while Ochaco's heart starts pounding and is not able to suppress her feelings for Izuku.

* * *