Chapter 31- My Signature Moves!

Class 1-A's Special Move Training!

Teachers willing to help with trainings.The next day, Class 1-A begin their school life anew. In Class 1-A's room, Shota mentions that their first objective will be earning their Provisional Hero Licenses. Shota reminds them that the Provisional Hero Licenses grant them permission to intervene directly when people's lives are at stake.

The exam to obtain the Provisional Hero Licenses is less than five percent. To prepare for the Provisional Hero License Exam, Shota decides that Class 1-A will create at least two signature special moves that they will use in combat; Cementoss, Ectoplasm, and Midnight arrive in the room to help. Class 1-A become excited.[2]

Class 1-A are excited about getting to create their own special moves. Shota tells Class 1-A to change into their Hero Costumes and meet at Gym Gamma.

Class 1-A begins training for the Hero License Exam.At Gym Gamma, Cementoss explains to Class 1-A that the Gym Gamma was created by him and using his Quirk he can alter the gym to suit the needs of every student.

Tenya asks why special moves are necessary. Shota explains to Class 1-A that the Provisional Hero License Exam is designed to test the students' aptitudes such as information gathering, judgement, mobility, leadership, and communication in various types of trouble. However, the attitude that is most prevalent is fighting ability. Cementoss comments that bringing stability to a situation is a mark of a hero's true fighting ability.

Next, Ectoplasm explains about special moves as being not entirely offensive. Ectoplasm names Tenya's Recipro Burst as a move worthy of being called a special move since being able to move at blistering speeds within a short space of time gives him an upper hand.

Class 1-A begin to understand that the purpose of special moves is to give them the upper hand in battle. Midnight gives another example of a special move; Kamui Woods' Lacquered Chain Prison move allows Kamui to suppress his opponents before they can do anything. Shota tells Class 1-A that the training camp's purpose, before being abruptly brought to an end, was to help develop their special moves.

Class 1-A student are developing their super moves.Shota decides that the remaining ten days they have of summer break before the second semester begins will be entirely spent on developing their Quirks and creating their special moves.

Shota also tells Class 1-A that in addition to creating their special moves, he advises them to consider upgrading their hero costumes to aid them in the creation of their special moves.

Cementoss prepares the terrain and Ectoplasm creates clones of himself for Class 1-A to spar against, Class 1-A begin training. While all of Class 1-A begin training, You are puzzled and confused as to what his special move should be. One of Ectoplasm's clones scold you for daydreaming; you tells  Ectoplasm clone that he has not thought of any special moves because you must keep in mind not to try and break your arms in the process. The Ectoplasm clone advises you to focus on developing your Quirk instead.

Toshinori warns Izuku that he uses One For All incorrectly.All Might arrives, wanting to see Class 1-A developing their special moves since it is his job as a teacher to oversee the training of his students. Meanwhile, Katsuki has defeated an Ectoplasm clone and is happy that he can fight again. Shota and All Might comment on Katsuki's prowess and that he will only keep growing stronger from here on out.

The other students of Class 1-A continue their training and thinking about their special moves while Izuku is still puzzled on what to do next. All Might approaches him and gives Izuku advice; he is still trying to imitate him, which confuses Izuku. Before Izuku can question further, All Might goes to help Eijiro. All Might is teaching Izuku to think independently.