CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT

The celebration raged on for several hours, no one even thinking about going to sleep even if we had been up fighting all night. My body felt drained, and I was utterly exhausted.

"Alright!" Sirius exclaimed in a drunken state over the group that sat gathered. He had an arm wrapped around Amelia's shoulders and she looked up at him lovingly.

"Miss White, would you care to explain why you were shocked to see me alive today? Because I'm pretty sure I was the one you were supposed to save in your last prediction, not this one."

Everyone chuckled and I thought over his words. "You know what, you're right. How is it that every prediction I have involves saving your arse?" I teased him. He clutched his chest in mock pain and turned to Amelia. "You see? You see the abuse I suffer from my family members? Unbelievable... But seriously, were we supposed to be dead?"

"DOLOHOV AND BELLATRIX!" Nym shouted loudly surprising all of us and causing several goblets to spill around the group. She wrapped her arm around my shoulders and squeezed me into her side. "I'm right, right?"

I looked at her and laughed. "Yeah, Dolohov was supposed to kill Dumb and Dumber over there, but both individually, and Bellatrix was supposed to kill you," I confirmed. "What happened? When you were duelling them, I mean. How did it go?" I asked, curious about how they had escaped their fate's.

The Weasleys were all gathered around us too, curious about more information from the Prophecy I could finally actually talk about.

They all had signs of fatigue and scratches covering their arms and faces, but we were all still in one piece, bright smiles on every face. Almost all of us.

I looked in the direction of where I knew Lucy lay right now but quickly turned back to the group.

We needed a night to celebrate before all the loss we had endured this last year settled in.

As Nym released my shoulders, Fred wrapped his arms around me from behind, resting his chin on my shoulder.

I was currently resting between his legs, leaning against the classroom desk he was sitting on.

"Well, Sirius and I were duelling Dolohov, but we fought him off. He didn't make it," Remus explained and I let out a shuddering breath. Angelina wrapped her arms more tightly around George's waist where they sat on the bench in front of us, and he placed a gentle kiss to her temple.

Katie Bell, Oliver Wood, Alicia and Lee were all on the edge of their seats now too. "And I was duelling Bellatrix, but Ginny fought her off. Together we managed to get her to retreat. On our way back up to the castle she crossed our path again but before any of us could shoot off any spells - " Tonks paused, most likely for dramatic effect. And I bit the bait immediately.

"Then what?" I asked anxiously. Ginny reached behind her and grabbed a passing figure and pulled him into our group. "Then Malfoy appeared and sent her flying into the Black Lake," she explained, gesturing to a confused Draco beside her. I grinned so wide it hurt.

I looked around at all the people around me who I held so dearly in my heart.

"Who else was supposed to die Ca – Alls?" Draco corrected himself. "You can always call me Cass, Ducky," I told him with a laugh. He narrowed his eyes at me. "I told you not to call me that. Especially not in public. But answer the question."

"Well, Fredster here was adamant on dying -" I explained reaching a hand up and clapping his cheek lightly. "But I managed to save his sorry arse." "WHAT?!" echoed through the group.

I was spun around so quickly I got dizzy. "When was I supposed to – to die?" he asked, shocked by the statement. "The explosion," I explained quietly, glancing at Percy. Both Weasley brothers' eyes went wide.