CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

After being out of here for two days, I was back in the Hospital Wing. 

Luckily the spider, or Acromantula as Madam Pomfrey called it, hadn't bit me but it's pincer had grazed me, leaving some venom behind. She kept me here for almost a week, making sure that all the venom was gone from my blood.

Fred showed up the day I was getting out to walk me back to the Common Room. That happened during lunch break on Friday, so the hallways were pretty much deserted.

As we exited the Infirmary, Fred scowled ahead, his fists clutched shut. "How you feeling?" he asked in a tone that was a lot softer than his demeanour. "Great!" I said cheerfully as we continued walking down the hallway.

"Good," he growled and before I knew it he pulled us to a stop, his scowl now landing on me.

"How could you be so reckless?!" he roared at me, startling me with how angry he actually was.

"What? I didn't plan on getting attacked by an Acromantula!" I threw back in his face, getting angry about the fact that he was angry.

"But if you hadn't gone into the forest, none of that would've even happened!" he shot back, stepping closer.

The vein in his throat was standing out against his skin now, showing how much he wanted to scream louder but was holding back just the slightest, restraining himself.

"You fucking hypocrite! How many times have you gone into the Forbidden Forest, huh?! Don't you dare come at me as if you have the right!" I was getting just as angry as him now.

"That's beside the point, the point is that you got seriously hurt and there was nothing I could do to stop it!"

"You're not supposed to stop it! It's my job to protect you guys, not the other way around. If I get reckless and get hurt it has nothing to do with any of you, other than if you get hurt in my absence it's my fault." I was starting to calm down slightly. He must understand how it worked by now.

"Don't you see? I'm not supposed to be protected. I'm just a foot-soldier, you are the ones who are important," I reasoned.

"That's bullshit! And what does it matter if you keep us safe, huh? IF YOUR OWN SAFETY OR HEALTH IS AT RISK?! What happens then?!"

"My safety doesn't matter!" I screamed back.

"IT DOES TO ME!" he roared.

From our screaming match we were insanely close now and at his last words, both our eyes shot wide in shock and he pulled away slightly. As I continued to stare at him, open mouthed, I could see the fight slowly leave him.

He huffed out a breath and turned on his heel, walking off, his shoulders practically shaking with every breath he took. My face turned into a scowl as I hurried after him.

I reached him and pulled hard on his sleeve, making him turn around and come to a stop. "What?" he growled in an annoyed tone.

"Don't what me. How dare you be short with me like that! And then just walk away after saying that shit?! You have no right. I'm acting on orders and I am fulfilling my duty. You don't get to tell if what I'm doing is right or wrong!"

"I just –" he started but I cut him off. "Nuh huh. You said your piece, it's my turn now.

"You have no right to be mad at me. I'm trying to do the right thing here and you think you can just piss all over that? Just as long as you get your way, right? Well I don't get to have a my way! None of this is my choice! So if I'm reckless sometimes, that's me putting that little bit of freedom back into my life. Those are actions I execute without being told what to do and when to do it!"