CHAPTER FIFTY

The morning of the 1st of September we were late.

It could be because my alarm had been a few minutes late because my clock was running slow. It could've been because of the distraction Fred provided before we got out of bed. Or it could've been the fact that we had decided to save water that day by sharing a shower.

Either way, George had opened the shop alone and yelled up for us to hurry up multiple times, but never receiving the help he wanted, and possibly needed. It proved effective, because Lee's voice joined him later, telling us in their own way that they had it handled now.

It was the last day we would see each other before Christmas, and we weren't leaving each other more than an inch the rest of the day.

I helped out around the shop; Fred being attached to my hip as much as possible. And when he was talking with a customer, I always pretended to be focusing on the shelves he was standing next to, so I could stay close to him.

George kept throwing out comments and rolling his eyes at us, which led to me giving him the finger more times during this day than I had since I met him.

As we closed the shop that night, Fred and I headed into the back room to see how many more shield hats they would need to produce before the Ministry's next order came in.

I was running my finger down the sheet of paper on my clipboard when two arms snaked around me from behind, causing a smirk to spread across my lips immediately. Fred rested his chin on my shoulder, which meant he had to be bending pretty awkwardly right now because of the height difference.

"Watcha doin'?" he muttered into my hair, sending a shiver down my back. My pulse started to pick up as well. We had been with each other almost every day this break, but I still hadn't gotten enough of him. Not nearly enough.

I let my head fall backwards to lean against his own shoulder. He reached his hand up and brushed my hair away and over my shoulder, leaving my neck exposed to him.

"Inventory," I breathed out as I felt his hot breath against my skin. "And what do we need?" he asked, his lips landing on my neck a second later.

My eyes fluttered shut as I hummed in pleasure. "Nothing. I've got everything I need right here," I smirked to myself. His lips stretched into a smile against my skin and his hands quickly fell to my hips. He spun me around so quickly I let out a squeal.

But that squeal quickly turned into a moan as his lips crashed against mine. His tongue stroked against my bottom lip, asking for entry which I granted without hesitation. He backed us up so my back crashed into the shelf behind me.

We both pulled away a little startled as a few items fell off the shelf.

"What's going on in there?!" George called from the shop somewhere. I pulled out my wand and waved it at the door, closing it shut and locking it.

Fred raised an eyebrow at me. "Really? In the stock room?" he questioned a hint of surprise in his voice. But I could tell by the sparkle in his eyes he was just as excited as I was.

I lifted my wand again. "Muffliato," I said clearly before dropping my wand to the floor carelessly. Fred's smirk spread into a grin as he leaned in for another kiss. One of his hands left my hair and I heard a loud crash behind me.

Before I could turn around to see what had happened, he grabbed my sides and lifted me onto the table effortlessly that stood in the middle of the room. As he lay me down on my back and he followed on top of me, I understood the crash had been him clearing products off the table.

I smiled against his lips, liking this spontaneous side very much. And as I dug my nails into his back while we copied the activity, we had spent our morning on, the only feeling I had in that moment was happiness and love. And pleasure, naturally.