CHAPTER TWENTY

I was on my way to lunch when Ginny kept on interrogating me. 

"I'm not saying, so stop asking. Why do you care anyways?" I turned to look at her as she put on an innocent smile. I had no idea how she had figured out that me and Fred had finally, unofficially, gotten together but now she apparently knew.

"Because I want to know what's going on in your life, silly," she said in a much too sweet voice.

"Mhm," I responded not at all convinced. She was up to something. She wanted to know who had kissed who first and if I knew her, which I did, there was money involved with the answer.

We were only a few hallways away from the Great Hall when I rounded a corner and bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry," we said simultaneously. 

I looked up and met Dylan's kind, brown eyes as a grin spread across his face. "Well, don't I consider myself lucky. Hey, Allie," he greeted cheerfully, steadying me in front of him.

"Hey, Dylan. Sorry, I wasn't paying attention," I said as I grinned back. "Don't be sorry. I'm not," he winked. I chuckled but then I felt a tall, broad frame step in closely behind me. I looked to my left and my eyes landed on Fred. I raised an eyebrow which he responded to with a smirk.

"Hey, baby. You headin' to lunch?" he asked innocently. But nothing about the look in his eye was innocent. He looked up at his friend and shot Dylan a fake smile. I narrowed my eyes at the side of his face while I heard chuckles behind us. I recognized them to be Ginny and George. I elbowed his stomach gently to warn him to play nice.

"Hey, Campbell," he greeted, keeping his voice very level considering the mixed message his eyes were giving. Dylan sent him a knowing smile, looking from me to Fred. 

I felt Fred's hand move from my back to the back pocket of my jeans, making my eyes go wide and sucking in a breath through my nose a little harsher than normal as he gently squeezed, before keeping his hand there casually.

"Hey, Fred. Don't worry, mate, I read you loud and clear," Dylan chuckled. "No hard feelings?" he held his fist out to Fred and I saw some tension leave Fred's tight posture. Letting out a breath he relaxed his shoulders and fistbumped Dylan's outstretched hand, an earnest smile on his face this time.

"Of course, Campbell. Can't exactly blame you," he chuckled sending me a sideways glance. I rolled my eyes at his antics but smiled at Dylan either way. "See you around Dylan," I called out as Fred dragged me away, his hand still in pocket. I turned around and saw Ginny and George laughing themselves silly as they followed us.

I looked forwards and the Great Hall was right in front of us. But Fred quickly changed directions and headed into the hallway on our left, then heading in through a secret passage. He pushed me in front of him, only for him to grab onto my pocket and spin me back to him, catching me against his chest.

The look in his eye made my breath catch in my throat. His hands rested on my hips as he took slow steps towards me, making me back up with each one he took.

"What happened to keeping our friends out of our business for as long as possible? Had to mark your territory in front of Dylan?" I teased him, still backing away from him.

"What did Campbell want?" he asked, his voice deep and a little raspy, making my thoughts get all jumbled.

"Uh - uhm..." I stuttered. Fred tilted his head at me, a smirk spreading across his face. He had backed me up to the stone wall now. I had nowhere to escape to. Not that I was in a rush to leave, though.