CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN

- The Battle continues - 

"You know, we don't really have time for this! There's a war going on!" I heard Harry yell in an annoyed tone.

I pulled away from Fred and went to retort when I saw movement from the hole in the wall. I went for my wand and Fred shot a spell out over my bent head, sending the Death Eater flying straight out again.

I looked up at him and smiled, the tears in my eyes blurring my vision. "Got your back, Darling!" he winked, standing and pulling me up with him by the hand. I heard the distinct echo of clicking pincers and felt a shiver run through me, remembering the Acromantulas that had chased me and Lucy out of the Forbidden Forest.

I went to the hole in the wall and looked down. There were several severed and bloodied spiders lying around, possibly been hit by the explosion I sent out towards them, but many of their family members were climbing over rubble, heading for us.

I raised my wand and held it steady, waiting for as many spiders as possible to align with each other. I waited a beat before sending out the curse. "Fiendio!" I cried. A burst of flame came out of my wand, heading straight for the spiders.

I held my hand as steady as a Healers, not wanting to send any stray flames off in another direction. I heard screams from the burning spiders, the sound dimming every second as more spiders died.

I released the curse, pulling it back in instead of letting the dark-magic flames run astray on the school grounds, that would be disastrous. I saw about twenty spider bodies drop and curl in on themselves, some burned to a pile of dust.

"You know, I never really liked spiders," I muttered. "If you weren't my brother's girlfriend, I would kiss you right about now!" Ron cheered, tackling me from the side in a hug. Hermione huffed behind him. "Oh, so Fred's the only thing stopping you, is it?" she said sharply, crossing her arms.

Ron quickly released me and turned to her. "What?! No, no, no, of course not! I just - I just meant that -" Harry broke him off by grabbing him by the arm and pulling them both along the corridor.

"We'll see you later! Don't die!" Harry called over his shoulders, running to his next near-death experience. He wouldn't die in this castle of course. I knew when he would. But before that, we needed to save as many people as we could.

"Constant vigilance!" I called out, quoting Mad-Eye.

The calm around us didn't last long, of course. Death Eaters were taking advantage of the newly created entrance into the castle. A curse flew right by my head, me ducking just in time. I looked up into the face of Rookwood. He had stood by while I was tortured. He had been a part of causing the explosion that would've killed Fred.

I felt my rage build and quickly shot out a fireball at him and the broom he was on. He ducked, just like I thought he would. But he didn't have time to dodge the second ball of fire I had sent at the spot below where he needed to head for safety from the first one. The spot he had just stopped in.

I heard a satisfying shriek of pain as he flew off his broom and fell from the sky. Percy and Fred shot out curses at the Death Eaters we could see below before we retreated from the exposed hole.

The three of us ran down the halls, the same direction Harry, Hermione and Ron had fled. Percy stuck out both his arms, stopping me and Fred along with himself. I looked up and saw a herd of galloping desks coming out of the Transfiguration classroom, McGonagall shepherding them out and down the hall. "CHARGE!" I heard her call.

I looked past Percy to Fred and we both smiled as we shrugged. "CHARGE!" we yelled out at the same time, heading into the thick of it behind McGonagall. Most of the chaos was going on in the Entrance Hall and on the staircases around it.